The ‘best’ gaming chairs for big and tall users is subjective. Across both cheap and expensive models, expect spacious, sturdy, comfortable posture support. Pay more for advanced comfort and features, or pay less for something more basic. Across all price ranges, these XL models support good posture over long periods. Check out ChairsFX picks to find the best big and tall gaming chair for your needs.
Most standard gaming chairs have a maximum weight capacity between 250 to 300 pounds. Those models also tend towards slim-fitting dimensions tailored to average sizes under 6’0″. Heavier users with wider proportions have the option of buying a big and tall gaming chair. These have larger seats and backrests. They also come with heavy-duty, extra-reinforced components that support heavier loads over longer periods.
Looking for the best big and tall gaming chair depends on your needs. For intense full-time computing, it’s worth paying more for premium padding and ergonomic features. If you only need a chair for part-time use, a cheap model will work fine.
Big and tall luxury chairs over $300
Premium big and tall gaming chairs come with the richest ergonomic features. These include 4D adjustable armrests, deep recline, and a multifunction tilt-lock. Prices of pro models range from $429 to $550.
Secretlab Titan XL
Secretlab price: $539-$559
There are five XL models to choose from. That includes three breathable fabric models and two PU leather styles.
Titan XL features
Like the original Titan, the Titan XL is a full-blown professional esports chair. It has everything that large bodies need to enjoy a rich sitting experience. Standout features include the depth-adjustable internal lumbar support and flat, wide, spacious seat.
Among all options in this review, this model has the longest warranty and most advanced ergonomic features:
- Unique feature: internal lumbar support — no pillow required.
- Functionality: padded 4D adjustable armrests; recline from 85° to 165°; multifunction tilt-lock.
- Comfort: cold cure foam padding; neck pillow with cooling gel insert.
- Cover options: choice of PU leather or Softweave fabric in two styles each.
- Warranty: 3-year coverage on parts and the frame. Extend to five years by sharing a social media post.
Titan XL Sizing
Titan XL chairs fall short of the 400-pound threshold, supporting 390 pounds. Even so, the flat, wide seat, internal lumbar and superb cold-foam padding provides excellent support for big and tall bodies. That’s why it ranks as our top big and tall gaming chair for heavyweights.
In fact, small sizes shorter than 5’9″ (175 cm) will find this chair cavernous. Average sizes will find it roomy but usable. Super-heavyweights with extra-wide hips will get snug, solid support.
- Seat width x depth: 22.6″ x 19.9″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 22″ (W) x 33.5″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 19.1″ to 22.8″
- Size rating: 5’11” to 6’10”, 390-pound weight capacity
Titan XL summary
The Secretlab Titan Xl is the best professional-quality gaming chair for big and tall users. The key to the back support is the tall backrest and internal lumbar support.
Turn a dial on the side to expand or deflate the lumbar support into the small of your back. This provides more precise support that locks into place once set. With traditional pillows, you need to constantly adjust them. Set, forget, and relax.
Leaning into the backrest will keep your spine, neck and upper body muscles aligned. With a healthy posture while sitting, you can expect boosted energy levels and greater productivity. Beyond luxurious comfort, the health benefits are the main incentive to pay more for a pro-quality chair.
Buying a Titan XL gives you everything you need to succeed at a computer. Enjoy comfort, healthy back support, and adjustable features.
Once you get into the groove, you will forget that you’re sitting and immerse with full concentration into your work. Learn more about this model in our Titan XL chair review.
Available from Secretlab in North America, EU and UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore.
AKRacing Masters Series Max
AKRacing price: $519
The AKRacing Masters Series Max rates a close second to the Titan XL. The Titan XL is a blown-up version of Secretlab’s flagship chair. The Masters Series Max is a blown-up version of the AKRacing Master Series Pro. That model is also one of our top-rated pro esports computing chairs.
Heavyweight users wanting the same great qualities of the Master Pro will love this chair. The Masters Series Max supports 400 pounds with premium features, extra padding, and generous seating dimensions.
The AKRacing Max is a solid computer chair for big and tall guys. It lacks the internal lumbar support that the Titan XL has. But it exceeds the Titan with a deep recline to 180°.
- Functionality: padded 4D adjustable armrests; recline to 180°; multifunction tilt-lock.
- Comfort: extra wide seat; 70% more cold foam padding; lumbar cushion & neck support pillows.
- Upholstery: breathable PU leather in black or black with colored trim.
- Warranty: 5 years on parts; 10 years on the metal frame.
The thick, luxurious padding is also impressive. The Master Series Pro and Max editions are plush. Both have 70% more padding than AKRacing’s cheapest Core Series EX chair.
Master Series Max Sizing
This model has larger dimensions than the Titan. It should fit most people up to Andre the Giant levels. However, given its low seat height range, its dimensions are best for shorter, wider bodies.
- Seat width x depth: 23″ (W) x 20.3″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 24.4″ (W) x 34.2″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 14.4″ to 17.25″
- Size rating: 5’7″ to 6’7″ and up to 400 pounds
Master Series Max summary
Choosing between the Titan XL and Masters Series Max is tough. Both have the same high-end features. Both also come with industry-leading warranty coverage. If pressed for differences, the Titan (with its internal lumbar) gives better posture support. On the other hand, the Master Series Max (with its thicker padding) feels a little comfortable.
If you like a softer and thicker seat, choose a Master Series Max. If you prefer a firmer seat with more precise back support, choose a Titan XL. But if money is the deciding factor, choose the Master Series Max. It’s the cheaper of the two chairs.
The Master Series Max is also available on Amazon for $479.00.
Anda Seat Kaiser Series
Anda Seat price: $499.99
The Kaiser Series is one of Anda Seat’s priciest and most and luxurious computer chairs. It’s a stunning extra-large model that comes in a choice of black or marron/ chestnut red. Both models support users up to 7’1″ (215 cm) and up to 441 pounds.
Both models are actually called “Kaiser 2 Series”. The difference between the original and the 2 Series is the neck pillow. Previous models came with an extra-large neck pillow that ran halfway down the backrest. It worked well but was unconventional. In Kaiser 2 Series chair, users get an extra-large lumbar pillow plus a conventional-sized memory foam neck pillow.
There are a few standout features on Kaiser 2 Series chairs. The first is the high-quality faux PVC leather. This material is extremely tough — but almost impossible to stain, rip, or tear. Even so, it’s remarkably breathable. Even in hot weather, it stays cool without getting sticky.
Under the upholstery is a double-foam approach. First are thick slabs of ultra-resilient cold-cured foam padding. Over top goes a thinner layer of memory foam padding. The result is a firm-yet-malleable seat offering consistent performance. Even after 2 years of full-time use, this should retain its original shape.
Beyond the luxurious upholstery, Kaiser Series chairs also come with a full suite of adjustable features. You can recline the backrest, angle and lock the seat, adjust the height of the chair, and more.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline to 160°, multifunction tilt-lock.
- Comfort: 2 layers of padding; extra-large neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Upholstery: wine-colored premium PVC leather.
- Warranty: 2-year warranty on parts, lifetime frame warranty.
Learn more about the Kaiser Series and other Anda Seat models in our comprehensive brand review:
Kaiser Series Sizing
These are very large chairs designed to fit average to extra-large users. The former can expect a spacious fit, while the latter should expect snug, body-hugging support.
- Seat width x depth: 22.8″ (W) x 21.25″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 23.82″ (W) x 34.17″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 19.3-22″
- Chair height: 51.7 to 57.3″
- Size rating: fits people 5’9″ to 6’8″ tall; up to 440 pounds
Kaiser Series chair summary
Kaiser Series chairs are attractive, durable, and full-featured. Combined with the full-featured ergonomics, these can serve brilliantly as full-time office or gaming chairs. The rugged PVC leather is attractive and soft to the touch.
Out of all the impressive features, the double-layered padding stands out. No matter how long you sit in a Kaiser Series, the padding will pop back to its original shape as soon as you stand. Even after a year of full-time use, expect these models to look and work like new.
The Kaiser Series is also available from Amazon for $414.99.
Anda Seat T-Pro 2 Series
Anda Seat price: $499.99
In mid-2020, Anda Seat released a line of fabric XL chairs called the T-Pro 2 Series. These chairs come in black, blue, or grey linen fabric. Otherwise, these have the same features, and price, plus similar dimensions as Kaiser Series chairs.
Fabric gaming chairs have a few advantages over leather version. For one thing, fabric chairs are softer and more breathable than leather models. For another thing, fabric upholstery is more durable. While leather can fade or crack after a few years of use, fabric covers can last for much longer without degradation. On the downside, if you spill coffee, red wine, or grape juice onto a blue or grey T-Pro 2 chair, it will definitely leave a stain.
T-Pro 2 Series chairs have the same features as the Kaiser Series. The main difference is the upholstery.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline to 160°; multifunction tilt-lock.
- Comfort: large-sized velour neck and lumbar pillows.
- Cover options: grey or blue linen fabric with black trim.
- Warranty: 2-year warranty on parts, lifetime frame warranty.
Like the Kaiser Series, T-Pro 2 chairs come with an extra-large memory foam lumbar pillow, plus a regular-sized neck pillow.
T-Pro 2 Series sizing
T-Pro 2 chairs have a slightly narrower seat and deeper seat than the Kaiser Series. Otherwise, the dimensions are the same.
- Seat width & depth: 21.65″ (W) x 23.03″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 34.17″ (H), 23.82″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19.3-22″
- Chair height: 51.7 to 57.3″
- Size rating: fits people 5’9″ to 6’8″ tall; up to 440 pounds
T-Pro 2 Series summary
The T-Pro 2 Series presents an interesting alternative to Anda Seat Kaiser Series chairs. If you live in a tropical climate, fabric chairs are better options because of the superior breathability.
Otherwise, T-Pro 2 chairs offer the same luxurious support for big and tall bodies as Kaiser Series models.
The T-Pro 2 Series is also available on Amazon for $449.99.
EWin Flash XL
Buy direct price: $449
E-win Flash XL series chairs are the largest gaming chairs on the market. These models support users from 5’7″ to 7’0″, with a maximum weight capacity of 550 pounds. There are several PU leather styles to choose from. All models come with a 2-year warranty on parts plus a 10-year warranty on the frame.
There are several PU leather styles to choose from. All models come with a 2-year warranty on parts plus a 10-year warranty on the frame.
Flash XL chairs have very sophisticated features. They even include forward backrest tilt to 85°. That gives you the benefit of back support even when you lean forward in the chair.
- Functionality: 4D adjustable armrests; recline from to 85°-155°; multifunction tilt-lock.
- Comfort: ultra-dense cold foam padding; neck and lumbar pillows.
- Cover material: premium gold PU leather (stain resistant).
- Warranty: two years on parts, ten years on the metal frame.
Flash XL Sizing
Two things stand out here. First, the Flash XL has the tallest backrest of any chair we’ve seen so far. Second, with a max capacity of 550 pounds, it also supports the most weight.
That said, a chair with such regal dimensions should have a wider seat. The Flash XL seat is actually narrower than the Titan XL seat. But the Titan XL only supports 390 pounds.
- Seat width x depth: 21.7″ (W) x 20.3″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 23″ (W) x 39″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 16.5″ to 20.5″
- Chair height: 55.5″ to 59.5″
- Size rating: 5’7″ to 7’0″; max weight limit 550 pounds
Flash XL summary
The E-Win Flash XL is a full-featured big and tall gaming chair. Its rich pro features match up well with other top-rated brands. The 2-year warranty (plus a 10-year frame warranty) helps to justify the high price.
To learn more about this chair, check out our Ewin Flash XL review.
DXRacer Tank Series
DXRacer price: $629
The Tank Series DOH/TS29 fits people between 6’1″ to 6’6″. It’s the most expensive big and tall gaming chair we know of. However, compared to the preceding models, the Tank Series offers fewer features for more money.
Our guess as to why this chair costs more is because of the branding. DXRacer is the original gaming chair brand and still one of the top names in the industry.
Tank Series features
If you don’t mind paying a premium for DXRacer branding, the Tank delivers solid but not spectacular features.
On the plus side, it has premium 4D adjustable armrests. On the downside, it lacks a multifunction tilt lock, meaning you can rock the seat, but not lock it at angles.
As well, despite being the most expensive chair, it has the smallest backrest recline range out of all models in this review.
- Functionality: padded 4D adjustable armrests; recline with tilt lock to 120°
- Comfort: high density foam padding; lumbar cushion; extra large neck support pillow
- Upholstery: PU leather in choice of black with red, blue or green trim
- Support: max height 6’6″; max weight 400 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years on parts; lifetime on frame
Tank Series dimensions
- Seat width x depth: 18″ (W, excluding seat edges) x 20″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 26.5″(W) x 37 (H)
- Floor to seat range: 13.-17″
- Size rating: 5’11” to 6’6″; 400-pound weight capacity
Tank Series advice
Without comparing to other big and tall gaming chairs, the Tank is an impressive chair. It’s spacious, attractive, and very comfortable over long hours of gaming or working.
But the high price is annoying. It’s tough to pay more only for a brand name. If DXRacer beefed up the warranty or enhanced the Tank Series somehow, it might be worth it.
As is, this is a solid chair with a higher-than-reasonable price.
Extra-large gaming chairs under $300
The first two picks in this price range come with the same rich ergonomic features as the preceding models. That last one skips the multifunction tilt lock and comes with the lowest price. These models are listed from the most expensive to the cheapest.
Amazon price: $279.99
The Killabee 8247 supports up to 440 pounds. Killabee rates it to support users between 5’8″ and 6’4″. In fact, it’s a great fit for most average to large sizes.
The Killabee 8247 is also a full-blown luxury gaming chair. It has concave 4D armrests that give luxurious support. Gel addons in the seat and lumbar cushions add plush comfort. This model also comes with a high-quality two-tone PU leather cover.
This model is available for sale on both Amazon and from the Killabee website. In both cases, Killabee services the American, Canadian, and German markets. In all three countries, Killabee chairs come with free shipping. Prices are usually a little cheaper when buying from killabee-gaming.com.
Despite the price, the Killabee 8247 has the same rich set of features as the pricier heavyweight chairs:
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline to 155°; multifunction tilt-lock.
- Comfort: cold foam padding; lumbar pillow with cooling gel insert; neck pillow.
- Warranty: 30-day return policy; 1-year warranty.
The Killabee 8247 has spacious but not cavernous dimensions. Heavyweights can expect a snug fit, while slimmer figures will enjoy more breathing room.
- Seat width x depth: 22″ (W) x 22″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 24.8″ (W) x 32.3″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 18.1″ to 20.5″
- Size rating: 5’8″ to 6’4″; up to 440 pounds
8247 chair summary
The Killabee 8247 is the cheapest big and tall gaming chair on this list. Its features match the other premium chairs, but the 1-year warranty falls short of the others. But given the price and features, this model offers excellent value for money.
To learn more about Killabee, check out our Killabee gaming chair brand review.
Current price: $296.99
The Respawn gaming chair brand specializes in making affordable gaming chairs for those on a budget. The Respawn-400 supports 400 pounds and comes with premium 4D armrests.
There are four models in the RSP-400 collection. All come with a black PU leather base with a choice of faux leather color accents. Choose red, white, grey, or neon green variations.
Feautres are decent for a chair in this price range:
- Unique features: extra-wide dimensions and support for up to 400 pounds.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline to 130°; rocking function with lock.
- Comfort: high density foam padding; 2-tone PU leather seat & backrest; neck & lumbar pillows.
- Warranty: two years.
The Respawn-400 has a wide, deep seat that should support most heavyweight bodies. Its low 16.75-inch seat height suggests that this model is better for short, stocky sizes rather than heavy tall ones.
- Seat width x depth: 24″ (W) x 24.25″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 24″ (W) x 31.3″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 16.75″ to 19.5″
- Size rating: 5’5 to 6’3″; up to 400 pounds
Respawn 400 summary
It’s cheap, spacious, and ruggedly built. If looking for a solid budget workhorse, the RSP-400 is a sound pick.
To learn more about Respawn, check out our Respawn gaming chair brand review.
Amazon price: $249.99
Fantasylab is a sub-brand of Killabee. The Fantasylab brand makes Killabee’s most expensive and luxurious gaming chairs. Like the Killabee 8272, the Fantasylab 8331 is a full-featured professional gaming chair, with support for 400 pounds.
To sell for such a low price, some corners must be cut. With Killabee chairs, you only get a 1-year warranty. Thus you should expect less durable chairs than what the pricier brands offer.
By the numbers, the Fantasylab 8331 has an average-sized seat. But the seat has flat (instead of ridged) edges. That allows for plenty of space for wide hips or thick legs.
- Seat width & depth: 21.7″ (W) x 20.5″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 33.5″ (H), 23.2″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 20.5″ to 22.8″
- Chair height: 51.1″ to 53.5″
- Size rating: people 5’8″ to 6’2″; up to 400 pounds
The Fantasylab 8331 offers luxury features at a very affordable price. It even has a massage unit built into the lumbar pillow. Charge with a USB cable, turn it on and lean back into the chair. Vibrations will massage the small of your back and get the blood pumping. Use that feature for a quick boost whenever you start to feel fatigued.
- Functionality: 3D armrests; recline to 155°; multifunction tilt-lock.
- Support: steel frame; high-density sponge padding; neck pillow & massage lumbar pillow.
- Warranty: standard 1-year warranty from Killabee.
8331 chair summary
The Fantasylab 8331 isn’t the best big and tall gaming chair on the market, but still offers good value for money. It cuts some corners to keep the price low. You get 3D armrests instead of 4D. You also only get a 1-year warranty. On the positive side, you also get a multifunction tilt lock, like the more expensive chairs.
Get a closer look at this model in our review of the Fantasylab gaming chair collection.
Extra-wide ergonomic office chairs
The office chair industry has finally stepped up its game enough that we can report some action.
A new design concept stacks ergonomic features on top of the traditional office chair package. These come with adjustable armrests and adjustable lumbar support. All models have extra-wide seats and support up to 400 pounds.
Our top-3 options come from major office chair brands with 3-5 year warranties. Those chairs cost (roughly) between $214 and $287.
Big & tall gaming chair FAQs
Standard office chairs are usually designed to support 90 kilos (198 pounds). People heavier than that sitting full-time in an overloaded chair face several risks.
First, there is the danger of the chair collapsing under your weight. Then there are long-term health concerns.
Forcing yourself to sit long hours in a chair not designed for your body will wear you down. Your lower back, neck, and shoulders will suffer. After a while, sitting will become unbearable. You’ll need to stand more, putting greater strain on the joints.
The gaming chairs reviewed in this guide address these issues. Below we answer common questions about gaming chairs for heavy users.
Physical gaming chair benefits for heavy users
The spine carries the bulk of a body’s weight. During rest and activity, the spine manages weight distribution. When carrying excess weight, the spine must bear a greater burden.
This often leads to slouching, which compresses the ribs. That compression puts pressure on the curve in the lower spine. At the same time, it weakens the stomach muscles. Weakened stomach muscles force the pelvis to tilt forward. That makes poor posture worse. Crippling back pain and diminished mobility is the result.
Sitting in a gaming chair can reverse this process. It will train your body to sit with a healthy posture. That takes the pressure off of the back and neck. It also makes your core muscles stronger. Over time, the simple act of using a gaming chair will yield many benefits. These include deeper breathing, better blood flow, looser limbs, and increased vitality.
Key physical benefits
- Eliminate back pain: sitting improperly for long hours puts strain on the spinal cord. This leads to back fatigue, pain and slouching. Conversely, gaming chairs support the back. These use an industry-standard backrest system. This keeps the spinal cord in proper alignment. Lean back in a gaming chair’s backrest to lock into perfect ergonomic alignment.
- Ease neck pain: normal office chairs have no support for the neck. While sitting for long hours, most people keep their heads still. This fixed position puts tremendous strain on the neck and shoulders. This leads to chronic stiffness. In contrast, gaming chairs come with adjustable neck pillows. These take the pressure off of your neck while sitting.
- Reduce pressure on the hips: gaming chair seats come with extra thick padding. This decreases pressure on the hips, buttocks, and thighs as heavy users sit. With less pressure in these areas, blood flow improves through the legs. With less strain on the muscles comes enhanced circulation. Most users can expect a greater sense of well-being and increased vitality.
Using a gaming chair will also improve your cognitive ability. Users suffering from chronic pain will not perform at their best. Distracted minds are vulnerable and prone to mistakes.
In fact, several studies show a link between good posture and cognitive performance. Good posture also takes the strain off the muscles, leaving more energy for computing. Instead of fidgeting in discomfort, gaming chair users have no physical distractions. A good gaming chair will make you forget that you’re sitting, resulting in 100% focus on your work.
So what’s the best gaming chair for big and tall users? That depends on your needs. From the chairs in this review, you should first identify the models that fit your proportions. After that, the best option for you depends on your budget and styling preferences.
All models will help you to sit with a healthy sitting posture. However, the highest-priced models have the best quality padding. For full-time use, paying more well get you better durability and more consistent comfort.
After purchasing your new gaming chair, check our Gaming Chair User Guide. That will help you get the most out of your investment.