The GTRacing Pro Series is one of the world’s top-selling cheap gaming chairs. Recently, GTRacing added three mesh fabric models to the Pro Series product line. Compared to other Pro Series chairs, GT505 mesh chairs have slightly different features and dimensions. This review covers the new GTRacing GT505 mesh fabric chairs.
Other GTRacing Pro Series chairs use PU leather, a faux leather blend that’s easy to clean and attractive. The downside is the breathability. In hot weather, PU leather chairs can get sticky, especially against bare skin.
In contrast, mesh fabric chairs are soft to the touch and very breathable. They stay cool and comfortable even in hot, humid conditions. Even better, mesh fabric is ultra-durable. Unless you burn or stab the material, expect it to last well past the warranty period.
Review: GT505 mesh fabric chairs
There are three mesh fabric models in the GTRacing Pro Series collection. There is a GT505 white, grey, and black edition.
The GT505 Series has different features and dimensions than the other Pro Series chairs. Keep reading for a summary of differences.
All GTRacing Pro Series chairs have narrow dimensions best suited to average sizes with slim figures. The GT505 Mesh versions have slightly smaller dimensions in the seat and backrest.
Even so, GT505 chairs feel more spacious because of the flat, wide seat.
|Pro Series mesh||Pro Series leather|
|Seat width & depth||19.68" (W) x 21.65" (D)||21.3" (W) x 22.8" (D)|
|Backrest width & height||21.2" (W) x 32.2" (H)||21.5" (W) x 32.5" (H)|
|Floor to seat range||18.9" to 22.8"||17.32" to 21.56"|
|Overall height||49.2" to 53.1"||49.21" to 53.15"|
|Weight support||300 pounds||Up to 330 pounds|
|Height support||5'4" to 5'11"||5'4" to 5'11"|
Leather Pro Series chairs come with 2D armrests and deep recline to 170°. GT505 mesh versions differ with armrests that only adjust up and down.
- Functionality: 1D armrests; recline to 170°; tilt tension and rocking function.
- Comfort: high-density foam padding; neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Upholstery: breathable nylong mesh fabric in three color styles.
- Support: metal frame, heavy-duty base, nylon wheels, support for 300 pounds.
GTRacing sells its gaming chairs on Amazon, Newegg, and Lazada. They also sell chairs from their own website. Buying direct saves GTRacing third-party commissions, so they provide incentives for customers to do so.
When you buy direct from GTRacing, you get an extended 2-year warranty. When you buy from third parties, you only get a 1-year warranty. Learn more in our comprehensive review of the GTRacing brand:
There are two classes of alternatives to GT505 chairs, summarized below:
Other cheap chairs
The first obvious cheap alternatives are the other GTRacing pro Series chairs. Those models come in PU leather designs with 2D armrests.
The second alternative comes from GTRacing’s biggest rival. The Homall Classic is Amazon’s most popular cheap gaming chair. Homall chairs have fixed armrests and a 1-year warranty. The reason they outsell GTRacing is that Homall Classic chairs are cheaper.
If you’re looking to save a few dollars, check out the Homall Classic collection.
Other soft fabric chairs
At present, several top brands offer soft fabric gaming chairs at various price ranges. None are as cheap as GT505 chairs. By paying more money, you get upgraded luxury features. From our review of the best fabric gaming chairs, here are some standout fabric alternatives:
First is the Secretlab Omega, one of the world’s top-rated pro esports chairs ($379-$399). This chair comes with rich pro features and a choice of three different mesh fabric designs.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; backrest recline from 85°-165°; multi-angle tilt-lock.
- Cover options: choice of premium PU leather, genuine NAPA leather or Softweave Fabric.
- Comfort: patent-pending cold cure foam; neck and lumbar pillows with cooling gel inserts.
- Foundation: carbon steel frame; aluminum base; Class 4 gas lift; PU caster wheels.
- Warranty:3-year warranty. Extendable to 5-years with a social photo share of your chair.
The second mesh fabric option is the mesh fabric Arozzi Vernazza. These models sell on Amazon for $391.77.
- Functionality: 3D armrests; recline to 165°; seat angle tilt-lock.
- Padding: snug foam with a density of 70 kg/m³ for the seat and 65 kg/m³ for the backrest.
- Support: metal frame, adjustable height gas spring; large premium casters
- Warranty: 2-year warranty (details)
AKRacing Core Series EX
A third mesh fabric option is the reliable AKRacing Core Series EX. This model has solid features, a range of color options, and a 5-year warranty. It sells for $349.00 on AKRacing.com.
- Functionality: 3D adjustable armrests; recline to 180°; tilt tension & rocking.
- Comfort: cold cure foam padding; neck and lumbar pillows.
- Upholstery: 100% polyester mesh fabric with colored accent stitching.
- Support: steel frame; metal base finished in glossy black; class 4 gas lift; 2.5″ casters.
- Warranty: 5-year warranty on parts, 10-year warranty on the steel frame.
GTRacing is an established brand well-known for making cheap, reliable chairs. You can find cheaper mesh fabric chairs on Amazon — but from unproven brands. GT505 Mesh Series chairs are the cheapest mesh model on the market from a proven brand.
That means these chairs will work as advertised. If they don’t, GTRacing has a stellar customer service record.
If you want a mesh fabric gaming chair on a budget, the GTRacing GT505 is the obvious top choice.