General use PC gaming chairs provide ergonomic support for long periods of computing. A gaming chair with footrest adds an extra level of comfort. These work as upright office chairs and also as La-Z-Boy recliners. In 2020, the gaming chair with footrest landscape is diverse. Some models are optimized for the living room. Others work equally well at a desk or in the living room. Most cost less than $250, although few big and tall luxury models also exist.
A gaming chair has thick padding and ergonomic features that promote healthy sitting. The ergonomic features support good posture and seated movement. The posture support reduces upper body strain. Seated movement expands the spine, keeps muscles active, and boosts blood circulation. Active sitting with good posture boosts vitality, wellness, and cognitive performance.
The net result of these features is that they help users sit longer, feel better, and be more productive.
What is a footrest gaming chair?
Conventional gaming chairs have a rocking function. Gaming chairs with footrests don’t rock. Instead, these models come with a retractable footrest.
Zero gravity reclining
The footrest folds under the seat, letting you use the chair for normal upright sitting. Retracting the footrest and reclining the backrest turns the chair into a zero-gravity lounger. “Zero gravity” describes a reclining function that certain chairs have. The position mimics the one astronauts assume during liftoff to space missions. The zero-gravity position distributes a user’s body weight across the chair.
Although footrest gaming chairs aren’t marketed as zero gravity chairs, the use a similar concept. With the footrest retracted and the backrest in recline, the chair absorbs the bulk of the user’s body weight, giving the user a zero-gravity effect.
Types of footrest chairs
In 2020, there are three types of footrest gaming chairs to choose from. All deliver a zero-gravity effect, with specialized features for different uses.
- High-end footrest gaming chairs: in the footrest chair category, Autofull leads the way with two big and tall footrest gaming chairs. Both have innovative luxury features designed to optimize a pro-level gaming experience.
- Living room footrest gaming chairs: these models cost less than $200. All have standard gaming chair ergonomic features, minus adjustable armrests. Adjustable armrests help to sync a chair with a desk. In a living room without a desk, padded fixed armrests work fine.
- Office-style gaming chairs with footrest: these models double as ergonomic office chairs. The key difference with living room chairs is that these have adjustable armrests. At a desk, you can position adjustable armrests to meet the height of your desk and keyboard. That delivers a better PC gaming experience.
Below, we summarize the best gaming chairs with footrests in each of the three categories.
Best high-end gaming chairs with footrests
At the top of the footrest gaming chair class are two models from Autofull. That is one of China’s biggest gaming chair companies. Autofull is the official chair partner of the LPL, China’s pro League of Legends circuit. In 2020, the company expanded beyond China by setting up America distribution centers. From their American store, Autofull offers three gaming chair models. Two of those are high-end gaming chairs with footrests. These are more expensive than other footrest chairs, but come packed with innovative features not found in competing chairs.
Autofull Mechanical Master
The Autofull Mechanical Master is our top-rated video game chair. This model has features designed to support PC, mobile, and console video game players. It comes with a retractable footrest, adjustable support cushions, and support for up to 390 pounds.
The standout feature is the chair’s multi-dimensional mechanical arms. The arms swing out, up, down, backward, and forwards. The armrest tops also swivel 360° and can open up to store headphones, peripherals, or even snacks.
Mechanical Master features
In the default desk mode, the Mechanical Master serves as a high-end ergonomic chair. Then, the armrests offer 4D functionality. Adjust up and down, forward and back, side-to-side, and diagonally. Away from the desk, this is the most advanced mobile and console gaming chair on the market.
As users grip a gaming controller or mobile device, the armrests provide support so the spine doesn’t have to. As a result, users can avoid common gamer maladies like “text neck”. Summary of features:
- Functionality: multi-directional armrests; retractable footrest; recline from 90° to 155°.
- Comfort: high density foam padding; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Upholstery: combination of black PU and Carbon PVC leathers.
- Support: heavy duty steel frame that supports up to 390 pounds
- Warranty: 30-day money-back guarantee; lifetime frame warranty; 2-year warranty on parts.
Mechanical Master sizing
This chair supports up to 390 pounds. The dimensions provide enough room for average to above-average sizes. People moderately taller or wider than average should find a generous, roomy fit.
- Seat width x depth: 20.4″ (W) x 22″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 23.2″ (W), 36.6″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 16.9″ to 20″ (W)
- Chair height: 50.8″ to 53.9″
- Size rating: 5’7″ to 6’0″; up to 390 pounds (the recommended max is 260 pounds)
Mechanical Master advice
When gaming chairs first came out in 2006, the designs were too radical for mass adoption. It took over a decade before gaming chairs gained mainstream recognition. The Autofull Mechanical Master is in a similar position. It has more effective mobile gaming support than any other chair on the market. However, the pro gaming mobile market is still developing. As it grows, expect to see more models like the Autofull Mechanical Master.
Until then, the Mechanical Master reins as the best mobile and console gaming chair. While gaming, a Mechanical Master can support the wrists, arms, shoulders, and neck. That takes the pressure off the spine. As a result, users can enjoy healthy, comfortable gaming over long periods.
Use the coupon code ChairsFX to get $40 off any Autofull gaming chair. Using the code, the Mechnical Master costs only $359.
Autofull Slam Dunk Big and Tall
Autofull’s second footrest gaming chair offering is for big and tall users. The Autofull Slam Dunk’s Brand Ambassador is 6’7″ Boston Celtics power forward Gordon Hayward. He uses this chair with a gaming PC at a desk while playing Fortnite.
Slam Dunk chair features
Most high-end pro esports chairs come with a multifunction tilt mechanism. That lets you tilt and lock the seat at different angles. Instead of a tilt-lock, the Autofull Slam Dunk provides a retractable footrest. Beyond that tweak, this models comes fully-loaded with pro ergonomic features.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline to 160°, retractable footrest.
- Comfort: high-density foam padding; neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Upholstery: tri-colored PU leather.
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
Slam Dunk Chair Sizing
This is the largest footrest gaming chair on the market. It supports users from 6’0″ to 6’8″, with a maximum weight capacity of 400 pounds.
- Seat width x depth: 23.2″ (W) x 23″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 35.3″ (H), 35.4″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 17.3″ to 20.4″
- Size rating: 6’0″ to 6’8″ and up to 400 pounds
Slam Dunk chair advice
Beyond Autofull chairs, every other footrest gaming chair in this review costs less than $250. The problem for big and tall users is that most footrest gaming chairs are for smaller sized users. The Autofull Slam Dunk solves that problem. It provides effective support for even pro basketball player-sized users. In the living room, it can serve as a super-sturdy, spacious recliner. At a desk, it works like a high-end pro esports chair.
Use the coupon code ChairsFX to get $40 off any Autofull gaming chair. With the code, the Slam Dunk chair costs only $319
Best footrest chairs for living room gamers
The chairs in this category can work as both a desk and a living room chair. Two features make them optimal for use in the living room. First, these footrest chairs all come with fixed armrests. When sitting at a desk, adjustable armrests help to synch your chair and body with the desk height. In a living room without a desk, you don’t need to adjust the armrests.
Second, these models have flat, wide seats. In contrast, racing style chair seats come with ridged edges that restrict leg movement. Flat seat edges do the opposite, providing enough room to sit cross-legged.
For console gamers, these models are ideal. They provide better back support than console gaming seats, plus the comfort of a La-Z-Boy recliner. It’s a sweet combination.
The innovative Respawn 110 is the top selling footrest computing chair on Amazon. Its standout feature is the price. These models are ideal for people wanting a cheap, comfortable chair that holds up to light daily use.
As a full-time working chair, the Respawn 110 will flatten out in less than a year. As a part-time hobby chair, it could hold up for a few years.
Respawn 110 features
The Respawn 110 has a heavy-duty metal frame, basic features, and an affordable price. Warranty support is very basic.
- Functionality: fixed padded armrests; footrest; recline to 155°; adjustable seat height.
- Upholstery: high density foam padding; standard faux leather; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Warranty: 30 days return policy only (details).
The Respawn 110 fits users 5’5″ to 5’9″ with a maximum weight capacity of 275 pounds. These dimensions model should fit most slim adults. The chair has a wide, deep seat but is otherwise compact.
- Seat width & depth: 21″ (W) x 21.5″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 30.5″ (H), 22″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19.25″ to 22.5″
- Total height: 48″ to 51.5″
- Size rating:5’5″ to 5’9″; 275 pounds
The best thing about Respawn 110 is the price. The second best thing is the comfort — the padding feels fluffy and the footrest is a nice touch.
As a hobby chair for gaming after work or school, this chair is comfortable and cheap.
To compare the entire Respawn line of gaming chairs, check out our comprehensive Respawn Chair Brand Review.
Direct buy price: $229.99
Fantasylab is a sub-brand of Killabee. Killabee is famous for making solid, durable, cheap gaming chairs. The Fantasylab sub-brand produces higher-quality big and tall chairs for slightly higher prices.
The Fantasylab 8257s is the only living room style with fixed-armrests that supports 400 pounds. This is a wide, spacious model with heavy-duty support.
Big and tall gaming chairs cost more because they use larger parts and more materials. As a result, the Fantasylab 8257s is the most expensive living room style footrest chair in this review. It costs around $20 than competing models. It’s also the only living room model with support for 400 pounds. Another key feature beyond its retractable footrest is a USB-powered massage unit. Embedded in the lumbar cushion, you can activate it any time you need an energy boost. All key features:
- Functionality: fixed padded armrests; recline to 175°; adjustable seat height; 360° swivel.
- Upholstery: high density foam padding; standard PU leather; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty from Killabee.
The Fantasylab 8257s has an average-width seat. But it also has flat edges that allow for plenty of legroom. Given the height of the chair, it should be a good fit for most average to above-average sizes.
- Seat width & depth: 20.5″ (W) x 20.9″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 33.5″ (H), 23.2″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19.7″ to 21.7″
- Chair height: 51.2″ to 53.5″
- Size rating: people 5’8″ to 6’2″; up to 400 pounds
This is the only big and tall footrest gaming chair that we know of from a proven, reliable brand. It’s a solid chair that’s fantastic for gaming and solid when used for upright work. It’s a bit more expensive than competing footrest chairs, but the only one that supports up to 400 pounds.
To compare the entire Fantasylab line of gaming chairs, check out our detailed Fantasylab Chairs Review.
Killabee 9015 footrest recliner
The Killabee 9015 has been a top seller for a few years. It’s more expensive than the Respawn 110 but comes with a full 1-year warranty.
Killabee upgraded this model in 2019 with some new features. The revamped backrest wings are now more prominent, with improved shoulder support. The new lumbar cushion is bigger, providing a wider range of support. Finally, the 2019 edition also comes with an even thicker layer of resilient memory foam padding. This ensures optimal cushioning and support.
Like all chairs on in this review, the 9015 comes with fixed armrests, deep recline, and more:
- Functionality: retractable footrest; backrest recline to 175°; fixed armrests; fixed headrest pillow and lumbar support.
- Upholstery: high density cold foam padding; faux leather seat and backrest in three color options.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty.
To compare against all Killabee models, check out our detailed Killabee brand review.
Like most chairs in this class, the Killabee 9015 is a compact ergonomic computing chair. Its heavy-duty metal frame gives it a solid feel up to the maximum weight limit.
- Seat width & depth: 21.3″” (W) x 20.1″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 31.9″ (H), 21.3″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 16.5″ to 19.3″
- Total height: 48.4″ to 51.2″
- Size rating: 5’6″ to 5’9″; up to 250 pounds
The Killabee 9015 has a unique style that compares well to the top-rated Respawn 110. Like the Respawn, the 9015 has fixed armrests. Unlike other chairs, the 9015 also has fixed neck support, instead of a traditional headrest pillow.
The Killabee 9015 is a comfortable classic. It’s cheap, attractive and a great entry-level product for kids and casual gamers alike.
The Killabee 9015 chair is also available on Amazon for $156.99.
Elecwish footrest chair
Current price: $169.99
Elecwish specializes in computing chairs with footrests. They stock an entire line of footrest chairs. All models cost less than $200. The more expensive versions offer thicker padding and addons like Bluetooth speakers.
With the Elecwish Premium edition, you get a sturdy chair that’s best suited to part-time use. Use it as a bedroom chair or after-work chill-out spot. Position it upright to support your back while typing. For reading, watching videos, or napping, extend the footrest and set a deeper backrest recline.
In full recline with the backrest out, the Elecwish feels sturdy, with no wobble. It holds your body snugly in place and keeps your spine in healthy alignment.
- Functionality: footrest; backrest recline to 170°; fixed armrests.
- Upholstery: memory foam padding; PU leather seat and backrest; neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty.
These chairs support users of average height and above-average width. The wide seat and flat edges provide ample legroom. Vertically, this is a compact chair, best suited to people of average height or shorter. Adolsecents and small adults will appreciate the fit.
- Seat width & depth: 21.7″ (W) x 21.7″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.3″ (H), 21.7″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 18″ to 21.3″
- Total height: 50.3″ to 53.6″
- Size rating: 5’5″ to 5’11”; 330 pounds
This product is also one of Amazon’s best sellers. It makes a great bedroom chair for students. It can also serve well as an upright working or studying chair. Expect plush comfort and consistent back support in a sweet ergonomic package.
To compare all Elecwish footrest gaming chairs, check out our Elecwish brand review.
Office style gaming chairs with footrest
These models are best for upright sitting and office-style computing. With the footrest folded under the seat, these models work like typical ergonomic office chairs. When opened, the footrest provides a nice break for your legs and back. The main difference between these models and classic footrest chairs is armrest adjustability.
When sitting at a desk, the spine and back muscles must hold the arms up against gravity. Over long sessions, this wears down the back, forearms, and wrists. Adjustable armrests provide more flexibility. You can position them to support your arms and align with the height of your desk. This places less stress on the upper body and gives you more energy to focus on computing.
Here are our top-rated office-style chairs with foortrests:
Direct buy price: $184.99
The Nokaxus 6008 ranks #1 among office-style models for a few reasons. First, it comes in seven striking color schemes. Second is the impressive feature set. You get a footrest, massage unit, deep recline, and more. Third, these are large, spacious chairs with good support for big and tall users.
- Functionality: 2D armrests; retractable footrest; massage unit; deep recline to 180°
- Comfort: high density sponge padding + standard padding; neck and lumbar cushions
- Support: heavy duty steel frame that supports up to 350 pounds
- Warranty: 1-year warranty; 24 months of after-care support
For a detailed look at this chair, check the review:
The Nokaxus 6008 has generous dimensions, with a deep, wide seat and taller than usual backrest.
- Seat width & depth: 22″ (W) x 21″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 36.2″ (H), 23.2″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19″ to 22″
- Chair height: 55.2″ to 58.2″
- Size rating: 5’7″ to 6’3″; up to 350 pounds
Nokaxus buying advice
As a home chair for studying or gaming, the Nokaxus works a treat. The sturdy steel frame can take a beating, while the wide dimensions will fit all members of the family.
Where it cuts corners is on the padding and upholstery. If you plan to use this chair for a few hours per day, it should hold up fine. For full-time use, consider paying more for a luxury chair.
As a part-time chair for gaming or relaxing, this is a winner. It’s like a La-Z-Boy recliner for the Internet era.
Use the coupon code chairsfx to get $25 off any Nokaxus gaming chair. With the discount, the price drops from $209.99 to $184.99
Neochairs Marvel editions
Amazon price: $198.98
Neochairs is a South Korean company with an exclusive license to produce official Marvel gaming chairs. The ARC Series is a trio of footrest gaming chairs in Marvel designs.
These chairs have a few attractive selling points. First, they are the only footrest gaming chairs with 3D armrests. Second, all have stunning embroidered designs paying tribute to Marvel heroes. Third, all have reasonable prices.
The one thing that stands out compared to other footrest chairs is the 3D armrests. These can adjust up, down, and side-to-side.
- Functionality: 3D armrests; retractable footrest; deep recline to 180°.
- Comfort: high density padding; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Support: heavy duty steel frame that supports up to 350 pounds.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty; 30-day money-back-guarantee.
Marvel chair sizing
These Marvel chairs have generous dimensions that should fit most adults of average to above-average sizes.
- Seat width & depth: 21.5″ (W) x 21″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 21″ (W), 32.5″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 18.5″ to 22.5″
- Chair height: 51″ to 55″
- Size rating: 5’6″ to 6’2″; up to 350 pounds
Marvel chair buying advice
Neochairs Marvel footrest gaming chairs are popular sellers for both Marvel fans and general users. There are Captain America, Spiderman, and Iron Man designs. All come with a sturdy retractable footrest, deep recline, and support for 350 pounds. While most competitor chairs offer 2D armrests or less, these Marvel chairs have 3D arms. Given the official Marvel designs and robust features, these offer great value for the price.
Direct buy price: $179.99
The 9015 model is Killabbee’s top-selling chair. In 2019, they released the Killabee 8204 as the upgraded version of that chair.
The Killabee 8204 is a classic racing style chair with solid features for the price.
- Functionality: 1D armrests; footrest; massage function; recline to 155°
- Upholstery: high density sponge padding; standard PU leather; removable neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty
8204 chair sizing
Compared to the 9105 model, Killabee 8204 offers larger dimensions. This chair should fit most average sizes and up.
- Seat width & depth: 22.4″ (W) x 21.7″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.7″ (H), 22.4″ (W)
- Total height: 49.6″ to 52.8″
- Size rating: 5’8″ to 6’1″; weight capacity 350 pounds
The Killabee 8204 is perfect for a casual home office. The casual aspect comes courtesy of the footrest. Minus the footrest, this works well as a comfortable office chair that’s good for your back. As long as you can make sure the dimensions fit your needs, this is a great budget pick.
With the footrest, you get a more casual dimension that’s ideal for relaxing, reading, or napping.
The Killabee 8204 footrest chair is also available on Amazon for $189.99.
Von Racer BEETLE Series
Price: $136.99 to $139.99
The Von Racer BEETLE Series is a line of affordable footrest gaming chairs with solid ergonomic features. These are solid entry-level chairs that come in a range of basic color styles. There’s nothing flashy here, but solid support and comfort, at a very low price.
For the money, these offer fantastic value. Few chairs in this price range offer so much for so little. You get 2D adjustable armrests, a retractable footrest, and even a USB-powered lumbar massage unit.
- Functionality: 2D armrests; backrest recline to 135°.
- Comfort: high-density sponge padding; adjustable lumbar and neck support pillows.
- Extras: retractable footrest; massage unit embedded in the lumbar cushion.
- Upholstery: bonded leather seat and backrest.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty.
Across the Von Racer product line, all models offer similar value. To browse all Von Racer chairs, check out this review:
BEETLE Series chairs are for slim users of varying heights. Short, average, and slightly tall users should find a good fit in these chairs.
- Seat width & depth: 18.1″ (W) x 18.9″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 20.9″ (W), 32.3″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 18.1″ to 21.3″
- Total height: 48.8″ to 52″
- Size rating: 5’8″ to 6’2″; maximum weight capacity 250 pounds
BEETLE Series advice
Von Racer BEETLE chairs are cheap, rugged, and effective. As a bedroom or desk chair, these models provide sturdy ergonomic back support. In a living room, the retractable footrest turns them into sturdy living room recliners. For casual gaming or watching movies, kick up the footrest and engage the deep recline. That will deliver a zero-gravity effect that lets you enjoy hours of blissful comfort.
The Von Racer BEETLE is also available on Amazon for Price not available.
GTRacing Footrest Music Series
Recline the full 170° and kick out the footrest for a comfy nap zone! The GTRacing GT890 is a modded version of GTRacing’s Pro Series Racer — with a retractable footrest and Bluetooth speakers. It also comes with deep recline, adjustable armrests, and an optional extended 2-year warranty.
- Functionality: 1D armrests (up and down); recline to 170°
- Comfort: high density memory padding; standard faux leather material; lumbar and headrest pillow support.
- Warranty: one year on parts with 30 days return policy; buy direct from GTRacing for an extended 2-year warranty
Compare against other GTRacing chairs in our brand review of all models:
The GT890 is a compact chair with a narrow seat and backrest. It supports users 5’3″ to 5’11” with a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
But given the narrow dimensions of the chair, no 300-pound person will fit. Instead, the heavy weight support gives lighter users super-solid support. Sitting in a GTRacer feels like sitting in a tank.
- Seat width & depth: 19.68″ (W) x 18″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.68″ (H), 18.11″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 17.3″ to 21.26″
- Total height: 49.21″ to 53.15″
- Size rating: 5’4″ to 5’11”; up to 330 pounds
GTRacing is one of the most popular makers of cheap ergonomic chairs. Their products are known for their comfort, strength, and durability. The GT890 supports up to 300 pounds. With the footrest expanded, the chair holds super steady while absorbing the full weight of the body.
But don’t get too excited. For such a low price, corners need to be cut. With heavy use, the padding may not hold up. Thus, the GT890 is decent as a full-time working chair, but much better when used part-time. As a study chair, after school study chair, or general lounger, this is a sturdy, affordable option.
The GTRacing Music Chair is also available on Amazon for $189.99.
Footrest ergonomic gaming chair benefits
People who don’t spend long hours sitting needn’t worry about the chair — they can sit on anything. For those who do sit for long periods, a footrest computing chair is an attractive option.
PC computing chairs support good posture for long periods of sitting. Unfortunately, a great chair is only part of the solution. How you use it is also key.
The American Heart Association recently gave a stark warning. Too much sitting is bad for you, but regular exercise does not reverse the ill effects. The only solution is to keep moving throughout the day.
That’s a problem for hard-core gamers and full-time computer users. An ergonomic chair with footrest provides a workaround by allowing for active sitting. The goal is to sit while remaining in motion, instead of sitting in a fixed position. Active sitting devices include wobbly stools and balance balls. Those are not the best for gaming.
A footrest chair also allows for more active sitting options. Begin by using the chair as normal. When you start feeling tired, pull out the footrest. Rest the weight of your feet and back against the chair. This changes the angle of support needed by your back and upper body muscles.
Through a normal workday, switch between using the footrest and retracting it. This helps to reduce muscle strain and pressure on the lumbar disc.
This concludes our gaming chairs with footrests wrapup. In the end, the best footrest gaming chair depends on your needs. If you spend a lot of time in front of a TV or computer screen, you owe it to yourself to get a good gaming chair. Those who want extra comfort can opt for a gaming chair with a footrest or else a standalone footstool.
Both options bring an extra dimension to the classic racing-style gaming chair. When it’s time to relax, simply put your feet up and ease back into super comfy La-Z-Boy style reclining.