General use PC gaming chairs provide ergonomic support for long periods of computing. A gaming chair with footrest adds an extra level of comfort. These work as upright office chairs and also as La-Z-Boy recliners. In 2021, the gaming chair with footrest landscape is diverse. Some models are optimized for the living room. Others work equally well at a desk or in the living room. Most cost less than $250, although a few big and tall luxury models also exist.
A gaming chair has thick padding and ergonomic features that promote healthy sitting. The ergonomic features support good posture and seated movement. Posture support reduces back strain.
What is a footrest gaming chair?
Gaming chairs with footrests are hybrids. With the footrest extracted, they serve the same purpose as a living room recliner.
You can use one to take a nap, read a book, or play console video games in your living room. When playtime is over, retract the footrest to use as an ergonomic office chair.
Zero gravity reclining
A gaming chair’s footrest folds under the seat. Extracting it and reclining the backrest turns the chair into a zero-gravity lounger.
“Zero gravity” describes a reclining function that certain chairs have. The position mimics the one astronauts assume during liftoff to space missions. The zero-gravity position distributes a user’s body weight across the chair.
Gaming chairs with footrests use a similar concept. With the footrest opened and the backrest reclined, the chair will absorb and distribute the user’s body weight. That delivers a zero-gravity ‘floating’ sensation.
Types of footrest chairs
In 2021, there are three types of footrest gaming chairs to choose from. All deliver a zero-gravity effect, with specialized features for different uses.
- High-end footrest gaming chairs: DXRacer offers a pair of module chairs with pro esports features. Autofull offers a third footrest option designed to support mobile gamers.
- Footrest gaming chairs for the living room: most models cost less than $200. All have non-adjustable armrests and standard gaming chair features. Adjustable armrests help to sync a chair with a desk. In a living room without a desk, padded fixed armrests work better.
- Gaming office chairs with footrest: these differ from living room chairs with adjustable armrests. For serious office work, you can position adjustable armrests to meet the height of your desk and keyboard. When its time to relax, yak out the footrest and kick back.
Below, we summarize the best gaming chairs with footrests in each of the three categories.
Best high-end gaming chairs with footrests
This section reviews the only three high-end gaming chairs with footrests on the market. DXRacer leads the way with a pair of premium ‘modular’ gaming chairs. That means you can add extra components to the chair, including a retractable footrest.
Autofull comes a close second with the world’s only gaming chair designed for mobile gamers. Beyond its revolutionary mobile gaming features, it also comes with a retractable footrest.
DXRacer Master Series (modular)
Price: $499 (base chair); $59 (footrest add-on)
The DXRacer Master Series is the world’s first modular gaming chair. Paired with the footrest module, it’s also the world’s most luxurious gaming chair with a footrest.
Chairs come in dark red, black, and brown faux leather designs. All come with premium ergonomic features that include a depth-adjustable internal lumbar support.
Master chair features
Add-ons include a retractable footrest and laptop/ mobile device holder. You can also buy mesh seat addon and swap out the stock leather seat. Check out this DXRacer Master review to learn more.
Without the modules, the DXRacer Master is still a full-blown premium gaming chair.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline from 90-155°; multifunction tilt lock (15-degree seat tilt).
- Support: high-density foam foam padding; integrated (depth-adjustable) lumbar support; rail-mounted headrest.
- Upholstery: microfiber leather in black, maroon, or brown.
- Foundation: steel frame; Class 4 gas lift; 3″ ((76 mm) XL PU-coated casters.
- Modular extras: retractable footrest; laptop holder; cup holder; breathable mesh seat.
- Warranty: two years on parts; 10 years on the frame.
Most gaming chairs with integrated lumbar support only allow you to adjust the depth, not height. DXRacer breaks that limitation with the world’s only height-adjustable variant (2-inch range).
As a result of this feature, the Master chair can suit a wider range of sizes than other integrated lumbar chairs.
- Seat width x depth: 15″ (W, excluding seat edges) x 19.5″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 22″(W) x 33 (H)
- Floor to seat range: 19.75-22.75″
- Size rating: 5’7″ to 6’6″; 275-pound weight capacity
DXRacer Master summary
We have one quibble about this chair: it’s is expensive. Buying it with the footrest module costs $558.
However, the short 2-year warranty makes that price hard to swallow. Secretlab and GTRacing both sell cheaper models that come with a five-year warranty.
Beyond that, there’s plenty to love about this chair. With its executive styling and rich features, it’s easily the best footrest gaming chair that money can buy.
The modular footrest is available from DXRacer for $59; the chair + footrest costs $558.
DXRacer G-Series (modular)
Price: $399 (base chair); $59 (footrest add-on)
The G-Series is the second modular edition in the DXRacer collection. It costs $100 less than the Master Series because of slightly lesser features.
These gaming chairs come in all-black or black with red or white color accents. Like the Master Series, all are fully modular.
You can add a footrest, laptop holder, cup holder, or mesh seat pan. Paired with a footrest, the whole package costs $458. With a footrest and $169 laptop holder, the package costs $577.
Compared to the DXRacer Master, G-Series chairs have a smaller recline range. They also come with a conventional lumbar pillow, rather than an integrated one. Otherwise, features are the same:
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline from 90-135°; multifunction tilt lock (with 15-degree seat tilt).
- Support: resilient foam padding; height-adjustable neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Upholstery: PU leather in all-black; black and white; black and red.
- Foundation: steel frame; Class 4 gas lift; XL PU-coated casters.
- Modular extras: retractable footrest; laptop holder; cup holder; breathable mesh seat.
- Warranty: 2 years on parts; 10 years on the steel frame.
DXRacer also offers an option to downgrade to 3D armrests for $20 off. Those move in three directions but not diagonally like 4D versions.
- Seat width x depth: 15.7″ (W, excluding seat edges) x 19″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 23″(W) x 34.5 (H)
- Floor to seat range: 17-19.5″
- Size rating: 5’5″ to 6’2″; 200-pound weight capacity
G-Series chair summary
Without the footrest, the G-Series is a full-featured pro esports gaming chair. Stacking this chair with a footrest turns it into an ergonomic La-Z-Boy-style recliner.
Adding a footrest and laptop stand lets you work at a computer without any need for a desk.
The possibilities are endless. For long periods of intense gaming, remove the modules and use your G-Series as a desk chair. While reading or watching movies, pop in the footrest to enjoy a casual recline.
Want to do homework in front of the TV? Slap on the laptop holder to indulge in ultra-comfortable multi-tasking.
A G-Series chair with footrest and laptop stand costs $577, but only comes with a 2-year guarantee. If you can live with that, the G-Series will reward you with unprecedented versatility.
Best footrest chairs for living room gamers
The chairs in this category can work as both a desk and a living room chair. Two features make them optimal for use in the living room.
First, these footrest chairs all come with fixed armrests. When sitting at a desk, adjustable armrests help to synch your chair and body with the desk height. In a living room without a desk, you don’t need to adjust the armrests.
Second, most of these models have flat, wide seats. Typical racing-style chair seats come with ridged edges that restrict leg movement. Flat seat edges do the opposite, providing enough room to sit cross-legged.
For console gamers playing in the living room, these models are ideal. They provide better back support than console gaming seats, plus the comfort of a La-Z-Boy recliner. It’s a sweet combination.
For a few years, Respawn 110 (RSP-110) has reigned as the best-selling footrest gaming chair on Amazon. Its standout feature is the price. These models are ideal for people wanting a cheap, comfortable chair that holds up to light daily use.
As a full-time working chair, the Respawn 110 will flatten out in less than a year. As a part-time hobby chair, it could hold up for a few years.
Respawn 110 features
The Respawn 110 has a heavy-duty metal frame, basic features, and an affordable price. Warranty support is basic.
- Functionality: fixed padded armrests; footrest; recline to 155°; adjustable seat height.
- Upholstery: high density foam padding; standard faux leather; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Warranty: 30 days return policy only (details).
The Respawn 110 fits users 5’5″ to 5’9″ with a maximum weight capacity of 275 pounds. These dimensions model should fit most slim adults. The chair has a wide, deep seat but is otherwise compact.
- Seat width & depth: 21″ (W) x 21.5″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 30.5″ (H), 22″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19.25″ to 22.5″
- Total height: 48″ to 51.5″
- Size rating:5’5″ to 5’9″; 275 pounds
The best thing about Respawn 110 is the price. The second best thing is the comfort — the padding feels fluffy and the footrest is a nice touch.
As a hobby chair for gaming after work or school, this chair is comfortable and cheap.
To compare the entire Respawn line of gaming chairs, check out our comprehensive Respawn Chair Brand Review.
Amazon price: $249.99
Fantasylab is a sub-brand of Killabee. Killabee is famous for making solid, durable, cheap gaming chairs. The Fantasylab sub-brand produces higher-quality big and tall chairs for slightly higher prices.
The Fantasylab 8257s is the only living room style with fixed armrests that supports 400 pounds. This is a wide, spacious model with heavy-duty support.
Big and tall gaming chairs cost more because they use larger parts and more materials. As a result, the Fantasylab 8257s is pricier than competing living room gaming chairs.
It’s also the only living room model with support for 400 pounds. Another key feature beyond its retractable footrest is a USB-powered massage unit. Embedded in the lumbar cushion, you can activate it any time you need an energy boost. All key features:
- Functionality: fixed padded armrests; recline to 175°; adjustable seat height; 360° swivel.
- Upholstery: high density foam padding; standard PU leather; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty from Killabee.
The Fantasylab 8257s has an average-width seat. But it also has flat edges that allow for plenty of legroom. Given the height of the chair, it should be a good fit for most average to above-average sizes.
- Seat width & depth: 20.5″ (W) x 20.9″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 33.5″ (H), 23.2″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19.7″ to 21.7″
- Chair height: 51.2″ to 53.5″
- Size rating: people 5’8″ to 6’2″; up to 400 pounds
This is the only big and tall footrest gaming chair that we know of from a proven, reliable brand. It’s a solid chair that’s fantastic for gaming and solid when used for upright work. It’s a bit more expensive than competing footrest chairs, but the only one that supports up to 400 pounds.
To compare the entire Fantasylab line of gaming chairs, check out our detailed Fantasylab Chairs Review.
Killabee 9015 footrest recliner
Amazon price: $109.99
The Killabee 9015 has been a top seller for a few years. It’s more expensive than the Respawn 110 but comes with a full 1-year warranty.
Killabee upgraded this model in 2019 with some new features. The revamped backrest wings are now more prominent, with improved shoulder support. The new lumbar cushion is bigger, providing a wider range of support. Finally, the 2019 edition also comes with an even thicker layer of resilient memory foam padding. This ensures optimal cushioning and support.
Like all chairs on in this review, the 9015 comes with fixed armrests, deep recline, and more:
- Functionality: retractable footrest; backrest recline to 175°; fixed armrests; fixed headrest pillow and lumbar support.
- Upholstery: high density cold foam padding; faux leather seat and backrest in three color options.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty.
Like most chairs in this class, the Killabee 9015 is a compact ergonomic computing chair. Its heavy-duty metal frame gives it a solid feel up to the maximum weight limit.
- Seat width & depth: 21.3″” (W) x 20.1″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 31.9″ (H), 21.3″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 16.5″ to 19.3″
- Total height: 48.4″ to 51.2″
- Size rating: 5’6″ to 5’9″; up to 250 pounds
The Killabee 9015 has a unique style that compares well to the top-rated Respawn 110. Like the Respawn, the 9015 has fixed armrests. Unlike other chairs, the 9015 also has fixed neck support, instead of a traditional headrest pillow.
The Killabee 9015 is a comfortable classic. It’s cheap, attractive and a great entry-level product for kids and casual gamers alike.
Learn more about this model in our Killabee chair brand review.
Elecwish footrest chair
Amazon price: $172.99
Elecwish specializes in computing chairs with footrests. The Elecwish Classic footrest gaming chair is the company’s longtime best-seller. stock an entire line of footrest chairs. All models cost less than $200. The more expensive versions offer thicker padding and addons like Bluetooth speakers.
This is a cheap, slim-fitting, sturdy chair best-suited for part-time use. Used full-time, expect the padding to flatten out after around six months. Part-time, use it as a bedroom desk chair or living room chill-out spot. Position it upright to support your back while typing. For reading, watching videos, or napping, extend the footrest and set a deeper backrest recline.
In full recline with the backrest out, the Elecwish feels sturdy, with no wobble. It holds your body snugly in place and keeps your spine in healthy alignment.
The Elecwish Classic has basic features. The footrest is retractable. The neck and lumbar pillows are both height-adjustable. Inside the lumbar pillow is a vibrating massage unit. You can adjust the height of the seat, swivel 360 degrees, and recline the backrest to 170 degrees. For light gaming, relaxing, or desk work, this combination of features provides plenty of options to stay comfortable.
- Functionality: footrest; backrest recline to 170°; fixed armrests.
- Upholstery: memory foam padding; PU leather seat and backrest; neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Extra: USB-powered massage unit stuffed inside the lumbar pillow.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty.
The Elecwish Classic supports slim-fitting users of average height and below. Note the ridged edges on the seat. If you have thick legs, wide hips, those will get in the way, causing a very uncomfortable fit. Bottom line: this is a great option for slim adolescents, teens, and adults under 5’11”.
- Seat width & depth: 21.7″ (W) x 21.7″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.3″ (H), 21.7″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 18″ to 21.3″
- Total height: 50.3″ to 53.6″
- Size rating: 5’5″ to 5’11”; 330 pounds
The Elecwish Classic has held steady as one of Amazon’s best-selling footrest gaming chairs for a few years. It’s cheap, comfortable, and versatile.
We like this model best as a bedroom chair for students. It also works well as a living room family chair. In either case, versatile functionality and consistent support in an attractive, affordable package.
To learn more, check out our review of the best Elecwish gaming chairs.
The Elecwish Classic is available for Amazon customers in the United States, Canada, and the UK.
Office style gaming chairs with footrest
These models are best for upright sitting and office-style computing. With the footrest folded under the seat, these models work like typical ergonomic office chairs. When opened, the footrest provides a nice break for your legs and back. The main difference between these models and classic footrest chairs is armrest adjustability.
When sitting at a desk, the spine and back muscles must hold the arms up against gravity. Over long sessions, this wears down the back, forearms, and wrists. Adjustable armrests provide more flexibility. You can position them to support your arms and align with the height of your desk. This places less stress on the upper body and gives you more energy to focus on computing.
Here are our top-rated office-style chairs with foortrests:
Neochairs ARC Marvel editions
Amazon price: $199.98
Neo Chair is a South Korean company with an exclusive license to produce official Marvel gaming chairs. There are three chair collections including standard gaming chairs, wide seat gaming chairs, and footrest gaming chairs. T
he ARC-R collection contains five brilliant Marvel footrest gaming chair designs.
ARC-R chairs rank #1 in this class for a few reasons. First, the superhero designs are striking, with bold colors and intricate embroidery. Second, these are the only models offering 3D armrests. Third, all have spacious dimensions suitable for both slim and husky sizes.
These models come with impressive features including 3D armrests and a USB-powered lumbar massage unit. Connect a USB cable from the lumbar pillow to your PC to charge the massager. While sitting, turn the unit on to active a robust vibration from inside the pillow.
- Functionality: 3D armrests; retractable footrest; deep recline to 180°.
- Comfort: high density padding; neck and lumbar support cushions; lumbar pillow massage insert.
- Support: heavy duty steel frame that supports up to 350 pounds.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty; 30-day money-back-guarantee.
Marvel chair sizing
These Marvel chairs have generous dimensions that should fit most adults of average to above-average sizes.
- Seat width & depth: 22″ (W) x 22″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 21″ (W), 32.5″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 18″ to 22″
- Chair height: 51″ to 54″
- Size rating: 5’5″ to 6’0″; up to 300 pounds
Marvel chair buying advice
Neochairs Marvel footrest gaming chairs are popular sellers for both Marvel fans and general users. There are Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Iron Man designs. The first two are the newest additions to the collection and among the most striking.
To learn more about ARC-R and other editions, check out this Neo Chair Marvel Collection review.
Direct buy price: $189.99
The Nokaxus 6008 slips to #2 for a few small reasons. For one, its designs aren’t as spectacular as Neo Chair Marvel editions. For another, Nokaxus 6008 chairs only come with 2D armrests. On the positive side, these models come in seven striking color schemes. Overall features are also solid. You get a footrest, massage unit, deep recline, and more. As well, these are large, spacious chairs with good support for big and tall users.
- Functionality: 2D armrests; retractable footrest; massage unit; deep recline to 180°
- Comfort: high density sponge padding + standard padding; neck and lumbar cushions
- Support: heavy duty steel frame that supports up to 350 pounds
- Warranty: 1-year warranty; 24 months of after-care support
For a detailed look at this chair, check the review:
The Nokaxus 6008 has generous dimensions, with a deep, wide seat and taller than usual backrest.
- Seat width & depth: 22″ (W) x 21″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 36.2″ (H), 23.2″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19″ to 22″
- Chair height: 55.2″ to 58.2″
- Size rating: 5’7″ to 6’3″; up to 350 pounds
Nokaxus buying advice
As a home chair for studying or gaming, the Nokaxus works a treat. The sturdy steel frame can take a beating, while the wide dimensions will fit all members of the family.
Where it cuts corners is on the padding and upholstery. If you plan to use this chair for a few hours per day, it should hold up fine. For full-time use, consider paying more for a luxury chair.
As a part-time chair for gaming or relaxing, this is a winner. It’s like a La-Z-Boy recliner for the Internet era.
THos model is available directly from Nokaxus, and also on Amazon. If buying direct, use the coupon code chairsfx to get $10 off any Nokaxus gaming chair.
Nokaxus footrest chairs are also available on Amazon for $209.99.
Amazon price: $139.99
The 9015 model is Killabbee’s top-selling chair. In 2019, they released the Killabee 8204 as the upgraded version of that chair.
The Killabee 8204 is a classic racing style chair with solid features for the price.
- Functionality: 1D armrests; footrest; massage function; recline to 155°
- Upholstery: high density sponge padding; standard PU leather; removable neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty
8204 chair sizing
Compared to the 9105 model, Killabee 8204 offers larger dimensions. This chair should fit most average sizes and up.
- Seat width & depth: 22.4″ (W) x 21.7″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.7″ (H), 22.4″ (W)
- Total height: 49.6″ to 52.8″
- Size rating: 5’8″ to 6’1″; weight capacity 350 pounds
The Killabee 8204 is perfect for a casual home office. The casual aspect comes courtesy of the footrest. Minus the footrest, this works well as a comfortable office chair that’s good for your back. As long as you can make sure the dimensions fit your needs, this is a great budget pick.
With the footrest, you get a more casual dimension that’s ideal for relaxing, reading, or napping.
To learn more about this chair, check our detailed 8204 review.
GTRacing Footrest Music Series
GTRacing price: $199.99
Recline the full 170° and kick out the footrest for a comfy nap zone! The GTRacing GT890 is a modded version of GTRacing’s Pro Series Racer — with a retractable footrest and Bluetooth speakers. It also comes with deep recline, adjustable armrests, and an optional extended 2-year warranty.
- Functionality: 1D armrests (up and down); recline to 170°
- Comfort: high density memory padding; standard faux leather material; lumbar and headrest pillow support.
- Warranty: one year on parts with 30 days return policy; buy direct from GTRacing for an extended 2-year warranty
Compare against other GTRacing chairs in our brand review of all models:
The GT890 is a compact chair with a narrow seat and backrest. It supports users 5’3″ to 5’11” with a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
But given the narrow dimensions of the chair, no 300-pound person will fit. Instead, the heavy weight support gives lighter users super-solid support. Sitting in a GTRacer feels like sitting in a tank.
- Seat width & depth: 19.68″ (W) x 18″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.68″ (H), 18.11″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 17.3″ to 21.26″
- Total height: 49.21″ to 53.15″
- Size rating: 5’4″ to 5’11”; up to 330 pounds
GTRacing is one of the most popular makers of cheap ergonomic chairs. Their products are known for their comfort, strength, and durability. The GT890 supports up to 300 pounds. With the footrest expanded, the chair holds super steady while absorbing the full weight of the body.
But don’t get too excited. For such a low price, corners need to be cut. With heavy use, the padding may not hold up. Thus, the GT890 is decent as a full-time working chair, but much better when used part-time. As a study chair, after school study chair, or general lounger, this is a sturdy, affordable option.
The GTRacing Music Chair is also available on Amazon for Price not available.
Footrest ergonomic gaming chair benefits
People who don’t spend long hours sitting needn’t worry about the chair — they can sit on anything. For those who do sit for long periods, a footrest computing chair is an attractive option.
PC computing chairs support good posture for long periods of sitting. Unfortunately, a great chair is only part of the solution. How you use it is also key.
The American Heart Association recently gave a stark warning. Too much sitting is bad for you, but regular exercise does not reverse the ill effects. The only solution is to keep moving throughout the day.
That’s a problem for hard-core gamers and full-time computer users. An ergonomic chair with footrest provides a workaround by allowing for active sitting. The goal is to sit while remaining in motion, instead of sitting in a fixed position. Active sitting devices include wobbly stools and balance balls. Those are not the best for gaming.
A footrest chair also allows for more active sitting options. Begin by using the chair as normal. When you start feeling tired, pull out the footrest. Rest the weight of your feet and back against the chair. This changes the angle of support needed by your back and upper body muscles.
Through a normal workday, switch between using the footrest and retracting it. This helps to reduce muscle strain and pressure on the lumbar disc.
This concludes our gaming chairs with footrests wrapup. In the end, the best footrest gaming chair depends on your needs. If you spend a lot of time in front of a TV or computer screen, you owe it to yourself to get a good gaming chair. Those who want extra comfort can opt for a gaming chair with a footrest or else a standalone footstool.
Both options bring an extra dimension to the classic racing-style gaming chair. When it’s time to relax, simply put your feet up and ease back into super comfy La-Z-Boy style reclining.