A standard gaming chair is designed to support good posture for long periods of sitting at a desk. A gaming chair with a footrest adds an extra relaxation element. These chairs come with a footrest that folds under the seat while you do deskwork. When it’s time to relax, retract the footrest and kick up your feet! Looking for a gaming recliner? Here we review the best footrest gaming chairs on the market in 2021.
Most gaming chairs with footrests are designed for beginners. A standard model comes with basic ergonomic features and affordable prices under $250.
Sitting with a footrest raises your feet off the floor. That reduces pressure on the lower back, bringing instant relief from back pain. However, with proper use of a gaming chair, back pain disappears!
Thus, the main attraction of a gaming chair with a footrest is its deep recline functionality. In a living room, kicking back on one will give you more comfortable, healthier support than a sofa.
In an office setting, a footrest gaming chair provides a safe space to take breaks. If you’re grinding out heavy overtime, a few adjustments put you in position for a power nap.
What is a footrest gaming chair?
A gaming chair with a footrest can be used in two ways. With the footrest folded under the seat, it works as an ergonomic desk chair. With the footrest retracted, it serves the same purpose as a living room recliner.
You can use one to take a nap, read a book, or play console video games in your living room. When playtime is over, retract the footrest and use it as a PC desk chair.
Zero gravity reclining
A gaming chair’s footrest folds under the seat. Extracting it and reclining the backrest turns the chair into a zero-gravity lounger.
“Zero gravity” describes a reclining function that certain chairs have. The position mimics the one astronauts assume during liftoff to space missions. The zero-gravity position distributes a user’s body weight across the chair.
Gaming chairs with footrests use a similar concept. With the footrest opened and the backrest reclined, the chair will absorb and distribute the user’s body weight. That delivers a zero-gravity ‘floating’ sensation.
Types of footrest chairs
In 2021, there are two main types of footrest gaming chairs to choose from. Both deliver a zero-gravity effect, with specialized features for different uses.
- Footrest gaming chairs for the living room: most models cost less than $200. All have non-adjustable armrests. Adjustable armrests help to sync a chair with a desk. In a living room without a desk, padded fixed armrests work fine.
- Gaming office chairs with footrest: these differ from living room chairs with adjustable armrests. For serious office work, you can position adjustable armrests to meet the height of your desk and keyboard. When it’s time to relax, yank out the footrest and kick back.
Best footrest chairs for living room gamers
Two features make this style of chair optimal for use in the living room. First, living room footrest chairs come with fixed armrests. When sitting at a desk, adjustable armrests help to sync your chair and body with the desk height.
In a living room without a desk, you don’t need to adjust the armrests. Second, most of these models have flat, wide seats. Typical racing-style chair seats come with ridged edges that restrict leg movement. Flat seat edges do the opposite, providing enough room to sit cross-legged.
If you use an Xbox or PS5 in the living room, these provide better back support than console gaming seats. Thus you can enjoy La-Z-Boy-style reclining with good posture and healthy benefits.
For a few years, Respawn 110 (RSP-110) has reigned as the best-selling footrest gaming chair on Amazon. Its standout feature is the price. These models are ideal for people wanting a cheap, comfortable chair that holds up to light daily use.
As a full-time working chair, the Respawn 110 will flatten out in less than a year. As a part-time hobby chair, it could hold up for a few years.
Respawn 110 features
The Respawn 110 has a heavy-duty metal frame, basic features, and an affordable price. Warranty support is basic.
- Functionality: fixed padded armrests; footrest; recline to 155°; adjustable seat height.
- Upholstery: high density foam padding; standard faux leather; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Warranty: 30 days return policy only (details).
The Respawn 110 fits users 5’5″ to 5’9″ with a maximum weight capacity of 275 pounds. These dimensions should fit most slim adults. The chair has a wide, deep seat but is otherwise compact.
- Seat width & depth: 21″ (W) x 21.5″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 30.5″ (H), 22″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19.25″ to 22.5″
- Total height: 48″ to 51.5″
- Size rating:5’5″ to 5’9″; 275 pounds
The best thing about Respawn 110 is the price. The second best thing is the comfort — the padding feels fluffy and the footrest is a nice touch.
As a hobby chair for gaming after work or school, this chair is comfortable and cheap.
To compare the entire Respawn line of gaming chairs, check out our comprehensive Respawn Chair Brand Review.
Amazon price: Price not available
Fantasylab is a sub-brand of Killabee. Killabee is famous for making solid, durable, cheap gaming chairs. The Fantasylab sub-brand produces higher-quality big and tall chairs for slightly higher prices.
The Fantasylab 8257s is the only living room style with fixed armrests that supports 400 pounds. This is a wide, spacious model with heavy-duty support.
Big and tall gaming chairs cost more because they use larger parts and more materials. As a result, the Fantasylab 8257s is pricier than competing living room gaming chairs.
It’s also the only living room model with support for 400 pounds. Another key feature beyond its retractable footrest is a USB-powered massage unit. Embedded in the lumbar cushion, you can activate it anytime you need an energy boost. All key features:
- Functionality: fixed padded armrests; recline to 175°; adjustable seat height; 360° swivel.
- Upholstery: high density foam padding; standard PU leather; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty from Killabee.
The Fantasylab 8257s has an average-width seat. But it also has flat edges that allow for plenty of legroom. Given the height of the chair, it should be a good fit for most average to above-average sizes.
- Seat width & depth: 20.5″ (W) x 20.9″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 33.5″ (H), 23.2″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19.7″ to 21.7″
- Chair height: 51.2″ to 53.5″
- Size rating: people 5’8″ to 6’2″; up to 400 pounds
This is the only big and tall footrest gaming chair that we know of from a proven, reliable brand. It’s a solid chair that’s fantastic for gaming and solid when used for upright work. It’s a bit more expensive than competing footrest chairs, but the only one that supports up to 400 pounds.
To compare the entire Fantasylab line of gaming chairs, check out our detailed Fantasylab Chairs Review.
Killabee 9015 footrest recliner
Amazon price: Price not available
The Killabee 9015 has been a top seller for a few years. It’s more expensive than the Respawn 110 but comes with a full 1-year warranty.
Killabee upgraded this model in 2019 with some new features. The revamped backrest wings are now more prominent, with improved shoulder support. The new lumbar cushion is bigger, providing a wider range of support. Finally, the 2019 edition also comes with an even thicker layer of resilient memory foam padding. This ensures optimal cushioning and support.
Like all chairs on in this review, the 9015 comes with fixed armrests, deep recline, and more:
- Functionality: retractable footrest; backrest recline to 175°; fixed armrests; fixed headrest pillow and lumbar support.
- Upholstery: high density cold foam padding; faux leather seat and backrest in three color options.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty.
Like most chairs in this class, the Killabee 9015 is a compact ergonomic computing chair. Its heavy-duty metal frame gives it a solid feel up to the maximum weight limit.
- Seat width & depth: 21.3″” (W) x 20.1″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 31.9″ (H), 21.3″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 16.5″ to 19.3″
- Total height: 48.4″ to 51.2″
- Size rating: 5’6″ to 5’9″; up to 250 pounds
The Killabee 9015 has a unique style that compares well to the top-rated Respawn 110. Like the Respawn, the 9015 has fixed armrests. Unlike other chairs, the 9015 also has fixed neck support, instead of a traditional headrest pillow.
The Killabee 9015 is a comfortable classic. It’s cheap, attractive and a great entry-level product for kids and casual gamers alike.
Learn more about this model in our Killabee chair brand review.
Elecwish footrest chair
Amazon price: Price not available
Elecwish specializes in computing chairs with footrests. The Elecwish Classic footrest gaming chair is the company’s longtime best-seller. stock an entire line of footrest chairs. All models cost less than $200. The more expensive versions offer thicker padding and addons like Bluetooth speakers.
This is a cheap, slim-fitting, sturdy chair best-suited for part-time use. Used full-time, expect the padding to flatten out after around six months. Part-time, use it as a bedroom desk chair or living room chill-out spot. Position it upright to support your back while typing. For reading, watching videos, or napping, extend the footrest and set a deeper backrest recline.
In full recline with the backrest out, the Elecwish feels sturdy, with no wobble. It holds your body snugly in place and keeps your spine in healthy alignment.
The Elecwish Classic has basic features. The footrest is retractable. The neck and lumbar pillows are both height-adjustable. Inside the lumbar pillow is a vibrating massage unit. You can adjust the height of the seat, swivel 360 degrees, and recline the backrest to 170 degrees. For light gaming, relaxing, or desk work, this combination of features provides plenty of options to stay comfortable.
- Functionality: footrest; backrest recline to 170°; fixed armrests.
- Upholstery: memory foam padding; PU leather seat and backrest; neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Extra: USB-powered massage unit stuffed inside the lumbar pillow.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty.
The Elecwish Classic supports slim-fitting users of average height and below. Note the ridged edges on the seat. If you have thick legs, wide hips, those will get in the way, causing a very uncomfortable fit. Bottom line: this is a great option for slim adolescents, teens, and adults under 5’11”.
- Seat width & depth: 21.7″ (W) x 21.7″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.3″ (H), 21.7″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 18″ to 21.3″
- Total height: 50.3″ to 53.6″
- Size rating: 5’5″ to 5’11”; 330 pounds
The Elecwish Classic has held steady as one of Amazon’s best-selling footrest gaming chairs for a few years. It’s cheap, comfortable, and versatile.
We like this model best as a bedroom chair for students. It also works well as a living room family chair. In either case, versatile functionality and consistent support in an attractive, affordable package.
To learn more, check out our review of the best Elecwish gaming chairs.
The Elecwish Classic is available for Amazon customers in the United States, Canada, and the UK.
Office style gaming chairs with footrest
These models are best for upright sitting and office-style computing. With the footrest folded under the seat, they work like typical ergonomic office chairs.
When opened, the footrest provides a nice break for your legs and back. The main difference between these models and classic footrest chairs is armrest adjustability.
When sitting at a desk, the spine and back muscles must hold the arms up against gravity. Over long sessions, this wears down the back, forearms, and wrists. Adjustable armrests provide more flexibility. You can position them to support your arms and align with the height of your desk. This places less stress on the upper body and gives you more energy to focus on computing.
Here are our top-rated office-style chairs with footrests:
Autofull Conquer Footrest Gaming Chair
Amazon Price: $249.99
Among office-style footrest chairs, Autofull ranks as the best for several reasons. For one thing, it’s the only model in this review guaranteed for three years. On top of that, it has the freshest design in a choice of five styles.
Each Conquer Series chair comes with black carbon fiber side wings, a textured backrest, and a heart-shaped memory foam lumbar pillow. Standard in all models is a retractable footrest as well.
Conquer chair Features
Like all office-style footrest game chairs, the Autofull COnquer has basic ergonomic features. Even so, there are plenty of highlights. First is the crisp styling.
The heart-shaped lumbar pillow is another. Autofull calls it “3D Bionic Lumbar Support”. It’s designed to fill your lower back curve with extended support for the waist. Summary of features:
- Functionality: 2D armrests; recline to 170°; tilt tension and rocking.
- Comfort: resilient foam padding; headrest pillow; upgraded lumbar pillow concept
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
The 3-year warranty also stands out. That beats the warranty protection of every other competing footrest chair!
Conquer Chair Sizing
Conquer chairs have average dimensions with slim-fitting seats. If you have wide hips or thick legs, these are not for you!
- Seat width & depth: 15.3″ (W) x 19.7″ (D) | 38.8 cm” (W) x 50 cm (D)
- Backrest width x height: 22″ (W) x 34.6″ (H) | 55.8 cm (W) x 87.8 cm (H)
- Floor to seat range: 17.3″ to 20.5″ | 44-52 cm
- Size rating: 5’3″ to 6’0″, weight capacity 350 pounds | 160-182 cm; 158 kg weight capacity
Conquer Gaming Chair Advice
The Autofull Conquer is our top-rated (office-style) gaming chair with a footrest. It has similar ergonomic features as other chairs. However, it comes in more color variations than the competitors. Each has exquisite styling and a next-level lumbar pillow.
Its 3-year warranty is also significant. Spreading the cost over three years, the Conquer Series offers tremendous value for money. If you’re slim enough to fit, the Conquer Series is an excellent pick.
The Autofull Conquer is also available on Amazon for $249.99.
Neochairs ARC Marvel editions
Amazon price: $177.98
Neo Chair is a South Korean company with an exclusive license to produce official Marvel gaming chairs. There are three chair collections including standard gaming chairs, wide seat gaming chairs, and footrest gaming chairs.
The ARC-R collection contains five brilliant Marvel footrest gaming chair designs.
ARC-R chairs rank #1 in this class for a few reasons. First, the superhero designs are striking, with bold colors and intricate embroidery. Second, these are the only models offering 3D armrests. Third, all have spacious dimensions suitable for both slim and husky sizes.
These models come with impressive features including 3D armrests and a USB-powered lumbar massage unit. Connect a USB cable from the lumbar pillow to your PC to charge the massager. While sitting, turn the unit on to activate a robust vibration from inside the pillow.
- Functionality: 3D armrests; retractable footrest; deep recline to 180°.
- Comfort: high density padding; neck and lumbar support cushions; lumbar pillow massage insert.
- Support: heavy duty steel frame that supports up to 350 pounds.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty; 30-day money-back-guarantee.
Marvel chair sizing
These Marvel chairs have generous dimensions that should fit most adults of average to above-average sizes.
- Seat width & depth: 22″ (W) x 22″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 21″ (W), 32.5″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 18″ to 22″
- Chair height: 51″ to 54″
- Size rating: 5’5″ to 6’0″; up to 300 pounds
Marvel chair buying advice
Neochairs Marvel footrest gaming chairs are popular sellers for both Marvel fans and general users. There are Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Iron Man designs. The first two are the newest additions to the collection and among the most striking.
To learn more about ARC-R and other editions, check out this Neo Chair Marvel Collection review.
Direct buy price: $189.99
The Nokaxus 6008 slips to #2 for a few small reasons. For one, its designs aren’t as spectacular as Neo Chair Marvel editions. For another, Nokaxus 6008 chairs only come with 2D armrests. On the positive side, these models come in seven striking color schemes. Overall features are also solid. You get a footrest, massage unit, deep recline, and more. As well, these are large, spacious chairs with good support for big and tall users.
- Functionality: 2D armrests; retractable footrest; massage unit; deep recline to 180°
- Comfort: high density sponge padding + standard padding; neck and lumbar cushions
- Support: heavy duty steel frame that supports up to 350 pounds
- Warranty: 1-year warranty; 24 months of after-care support
For a detailed look at this chair, check the review:
The Nokaxus 6008 has generous dimensions, with a deep, wide seat and taller than usual backrest.
- Seat width & depth: 22″ (W) x 21″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 36.2″ (H), 23.2″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 19″ to 22″
- Chair height: 55.2″ to 58.2″
- Size rating: 5’7″ to 6’3″; up to 350 pounds
Nokaxus buying advice
As a home chair for studying or gaming, the Nokaxus works a treat. The sturdy steel frame can take a beating, while the wide dimensions will fit all members of the family.
Where it cuts corners is on the padding and upholstery. If you plan to use this chair for a few hours per day, it should hold up fine. For full-time use, consider paying more for a luxury chair.
As a part-time chair for gaming or relaxing, this is a winner. It’s like a La-Z-Boy recliner for the Internet era.
THos model is available directly from Nokaxus, and also on Amazon. If buying direct, use the coupon code chairsfx to get $10 off any Nokaxus gaming chair.
Nokaxus footrest chairs are also available on Amazon for $219.99.
Amazon price: Price not available
The 9015 model is Killabbee’s top-selling chair. In 2019, they released the Killabee 8204 as the upgraded version of that chair.
The Killabee 8204 is a classic racing style chair with solid features for the price.
- Functionality: 1D armrests; footrest; massage function; recline to 155°
- Upholstery: high density sponge padding; standard PU leather; removable neck and lumbar support pillows.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty
8204 chair sizing
Compared to the 9105 model, Killabee 8204 offers larger dimensions. This chair should fit most average sizes and up.
- Seat width & depth: 22.4″ (W) x 21.7″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.7″ (H), 22.4″ (W)
- Total height: 49.6″ to 52.8″
- Size rating: 5’8″ to 6’1″; weight capacity 350 pounds
The Killabee 8204 is perfect for a casual home office. The casual aspect comes courtesy of the footrest. Minus the footrest, this works well as a comfortable office chair that’s good for your back. As long as you can make sure the dimensions fit your needs, this is a great budget pick.
With the footrest, you get a more casual dimension that’s ideal for relaxing, reading, or napping.
To learn more about this chair, check our detailed 8204 review.
GTRacing Footrest Music Series
GTRacing price: $199.99
Recline the full 170° and kick out the footrest for a comfy nap zone! The GTRacing GT890 is a modded version of GTRacing’s Pro Series Racer — with a retractable footrest and Bluetooth speakers. It also comes with deep recline, adjustable armrests, and an optional extended 2-year warranty.
- Functionality: 1D armrests (up and down); recline to 170°
- Comfort: high density memory padding; standard faux leather material; lumbar and headrest pillow support.
- Warranty: one year on parts with 30 days return policy; buy direct from GTRacing for an extended 2-year warranty
Compare against other GTRacing chairs in our brand review of all models:
The GT890 is a compact chair with a narrow seat and backrest. It supports users 5’3″ to 5’11” with a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
But given the narrow dimensions of the chair, no 300-pound person will fit. Instead, the heavy weight support gives lighter users super-solid support. Sitting in a GTRacer feels like sitting in a tank.
- Seat width & depth: 19.68″ (W) x 18″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.68″ (H), 18.11″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 17.3″ to 21.26″
- Total height: 49.21″ to 53.15″
- Size rating: 5’4″ to 5’11”; up to 330 pounds
GTRacing is one of the most popular makers of cheap ergonomic chairs. Their products are known for their comfort, strength, and durability. The GT890 supports up to 300 pounds. With the footrest expanded, the chair holds super steady while absorbing the full weight of the body.
But don’t get too excited. For such a low price, corners need to be cut. With heavy use, the padding may not hold up. Thus, the GT890 is decent as a full-time working chair, but much better when used part-time. As a study chair, after school study chair, or general lounger, this is a sturdy, affordable option.
The GTRacing Music Chair is also available on Amazon for Price not available.
More About Gaming Chairs With Footrests
Is a gaming chair with a footrest right for you? Here we break down the merits of footrest gaming chairs from three angles.
Do Premium Footrest Gaming Chairs Exist?
The gaming chair industry is ultra-competitive. Hundreds of copycat brands put out cloned versions of any type of chair that sells well. Even so, DXRacer is the only brand selling premium gaming chairs with footrests.
Thus we conclude that among discriminating power users, footrest gaming chairs are not in high demand. If they were, DXRacer wouldn’t be the only brand offering pricey premium models.
The DXRacer Master, DXRacer Air, and DXRacer G-Series are all ‘modular’. That means you can add extra components to these chairs, including a retractable footrest. The DXRacer Master is the flagship modular chair in the collection.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline from 90-155°; multifunction tilt lock (15-degree seat tilt).
- Support: high-density foam foam padding; integrated (depth-adjustable) lumbar support; rail-mounted headrest.
- Upholstery: microfiber leather in black, maroon, or brown.
- Foundation: steel frame; Class 4 gas lift; 3″ ((76 mm) XL PU-coated casters.
- Modular extras: retractable footrest; laptop holder; cup holder; breathable mesh seat.
- Warranty: two years on parts; 10 years on the frame.
The footrest plays a very small part in the overall equation. It’s a luxury extra, not a necessity.
Who Are Footrest Gaming Chairs For?
Gaming chairs with footrests are not popular among hard-core gamers and power users. Rather, these are starter chairs useful for three types of users:
- First-time gaming chair users: a footrest eases the transition to healthy sitting.
- Living room gamers: a healthier alternative to gaming on the sofa.
- Office nappers: if (for whatever reason), you take naps at the office, a footrest chair is perfect!
First-time gaming chair users include teens (ages 12 and up) and part-time desk workers. As an introduction to healthy sitting, a footrest provides a security blanket.
If back pain arises, you can pop the footrest. Raising your legs reduces pressure on your lower back, bringing instant relief.
However, with practice, you shouldn’t suffer any back pain in a gaming chair. Thus, footrest gaming chairs are most useful for those wanting to relax in a deep recline:
- Living room gamers: can use the chair like a modern-day La-Z-Boy recliner.
- Tired office workers: if you’re logging heavy overtime in an office, this can become your working and napping chair.
Are Gaming Chairs With Footrests Worth It?
If you don’t spend much time sitting down, you can sit on anything you like with no worries. For a few hours of light gaming each day, a gaming chair with a footrest works perfectly. Kick back, relax, and have a good time.
On the flip side, if you do spend long hours sitting at a desk, you need good lumbar support as a first priority. While doing desk work, a footrest doesn’t help.
Sitting with the chair reclined and the footrest retracted pulls you away from your desk. At the same time, it directs your eyes to the sky. In that position, neither desk work nor gaming is realistic.
Thus, the footrest functionality only becomes useful during passive activities. For sleeping, spacing out, or staring at the ceiling, it works a treat.
If that’s what you’re looking for, footrest gaming chairs are for you.
Gaming Chair With Footrest Alternatives
This article classifies a retractable footrest as a luxury extra, not a necessity. Beyond the footrest, the biggest attraction of these chairs is that they’re cheap.
However, many other good-quality cheap gaming chairs exist. As well, a built-in footrest isn’t the only way to put your feet up. Here are two alternatives to the gaming chair with footrest option:
Cheap Gaming Chairs Without Footrests
Cheap gaming chairs without footrests offer better value. At the loss of footrest functionality, you get longer warranties, better adjustability, and more varied styles. For example, our top-rated gaming chair under $200 is the GTRacing Ace S1.
For under $150, it comes in a range of fabric and leather styles with 4D armrests. To check out the Ace and other top-rated options, check this feature:
A standalone gaming footrest has several advantages over a gaming chair with a built-in footrest. For one thing, standalone models work with any type of chair.
For another, standalone models have better functionality. For example, Neo Chair Marvel Footstools come in Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Man, and Spiderman designs. ($89.98 on Amazon.)
They support up to 330 pounds and adjust from 16.5″ to 19.5″. These also can serve as a temporary seat for big and tall gamers.
Thus you get the same functionality of a footrest gaming chair, but with more flexibility and functionality. Learn more and check out similar options in our accessories roundup:
Gaming chairs with footrests are designed for first-time gaming chair users. The top-rated models in this review have a few things in common. Most come with basic features, 1-year warranties, and prices under $250.
If sitting in a deep recline is a priority, these chairs are for you. For instance, if you spend a lot of time playing video games on a sofa, a footrest chair provides a healthier alternative. When it’s time to relax, simply put your feet up and ease back into super comfy La-Z-Boy style reclining.