Gaming chairs sell at various price points. The best cheap gaming chairs cost less than $200. The best pro esports chairs cost more than $350. Between those two price points are a handful of affordable gaming chairs. These cost less than $300, with the same ergonomic features as high-end pro esports chairs. Looking for pro ergonomics on a budget? Check out the best affordable gaming chairs on the market.
The gaming chair industry is ultra-competitive. Top brands employ large R&D teams to keep ergonomic designs on the cutting edge. Others borrow leading brand concepts and modify them. One modification is to cut corners to lower prices.
Best gaming chairs priced under $300
High-end pro esports gaming chairs cost between $350 and $550. The best affordable chairs under $300 come with the same features that pro esports gaming chairs do. Those are:
- 3D or 4D adjustable armrests
- Multifunction tilt-lock
- Deep reclining ergonomic backrest
High-end pro models cost more than affordable models for a few reasons. First, pro chairs come with soft, ultra-breathable covers and top-grade cold-foam padding. Sitting in a pro chair feels plush and luxurious. Even better, higher quality upholstery is more durable. As a result, the best pro esports chairs come with longer warranties. For instance, both Secretlab and AKRacing offer industry-leading 5-year warranties.
In contrast, many affordable variants cut corners with lower quality upholstery. Sitting in these models is also comfortable, but with less luxury and attention to detail. Pro-featured chairs priced under $300 tend to have warranties lasting between 1-2 years.
Ace L3 Series
GTRacing price: $299.99
The newest chair in the GTRacing collection is a cheaper clone of the Secretlab Titan. It has similar features and dimensions, plus three key Titan features.
The first is a flat, wide seat with enough room to sit cross-legged. The second is an integrated (depth-adjustable) lumbar support instead of a traditional pillow. Also, like Secretlab chairs, Ace L3 models also come with a free 5-year warranty extension (details).
Ace L3 specifications
If you want a Secretlab chair for around $100 less, this model is a pretty close facsimile.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline to 160°; multifunction tilt-lock.
- Comfort: high-density foam padding; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Foundation: steel frame; Class 3 gas lift; 60 mm PU-coated casters.
- Warranty: one year (extendable to five years).
To qualify for the warranty extension, you need to post a photo of your chair on social media, then share it with GTRacing. Check our GTRacing brand review for details.
GTRacing doesn’t include a size rating for this chair. Based on its similarity to Secretlab Titan dimensions, we rate it suitable for users 5’9″ (175 cm) or taller.
- Seat width x depth: 21.6″ (W) x 20.8″ (D)
- Backrest width x height: 21.25″ (W) x 32.68″ (H)
- Floor to seat range: 18.89″ to 22.04″
- Chair height: 50.7″ to 53.9″
- Size rating: maximum weight capacity 350 pounds.
The Ace L3 is a new chair with an introductory special price. If budget isn’t an issue, consider buying the real thing.
However, if money is tight, this is a great way to enjoy high-end luxury for an affordable price.
At present, Ace L3 chairs are only available from the GTRacing website for USA buyers.
GTRacing Ace M1 Series
Amazon price: $199.99
The GTRacing Ace M1 Series is a full-fledged pro esports chair offering incredible value for money. Like other pro chairs, these come with 4D armrests and a multifunction tilt mechanism.
Warranty information is a bit sketchy. Chairs come with a 1-year warranty. However, if you share a photo of your chair on social media, GTRacing will extend your warranty to five years. That seems more like a marketing ploy than a certification of durability.
Ace M1 specifications
Ace M1 chairs match the features and warranty protection of high-end models like the Secretlab Omega. Compared to the Omega, the Ace M1 is $80 cheaper.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline to 170°; multifunction tilt-lock.
- Comfort: high-density foam padding; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Upholstery: choice of PU leather or mesh fabric variants.
- Warranty: one year (buy direct from GTRacing for a free 5-year extension).
The Ace M1 is a compact model ideal for average sizes with slim builds. Here is how the dimensions of the Ace M1 compare to the Secretlab Omega:
|Secretlab Omega||GTRacing Ace M1|
|Seat width x depth||22" (W) x 19.3" (D)||21.26″ (W) x 22.83″ (D)|
|Backrest width x height||21" (W) x 31.5" (H)||21.25″ (W) x 32.68″ (D)|
|Floor to seat range||18.9" to 21.9"||18.89″ to 22.04″|
|Chair height||50.4" to 53.4"||50.7″ to 53.9″|
|Size rating||5'3" to 5'11"; 240 pounds||5’4″ to 6’1”; 330 pounds|
Ace M1 Series advice
For average, slim sizes, this is one of the best values on the market. Note that the price is only less than $300 if you buy on Amazon. Buying direct from GTRacing costs more, but qualifies you for a longer warranty.
The Ace M1 is also available on Amazon for $199.99.
Amazon price: $248.99
The Fantasylab 8247 supports up to 440 pounds and fits users between 5’8″ and 6’4″. It’s a full-blown luxury chair.
The 8247 edition has concave 4D armrests that give luxurious support. Gel addons in the seat and lumbar cushions add plush comfort. It also comes with a high-quality two-tone PU leather cover.
Fantasylab 8247 specs
The Fantasylab 8247 is a stylish, solid, full-featured pro chair with plenty of room for large bodies.
- Standout features: big and tall support for up to 400 pounds.
- Functionality: 4D armrests; recline to 155°; multifunction tilt-lock.
- Comfort: cold foam padding; lumbar pillow with cooling gel insert; neck pillow.
- Warranty: one year.
- Seat width & depth: 22″ (W) x 22″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 32.3″ (H), 24.8″ (W)
- Size rating: 5’8″ to 6’4″; up to 440 pounds
Fantasylab 8247 advice
The Fantasylab 8247 is an intriguing luxury chair at a great price. It also has versatile sizing, able to support up to 440 pounds. This is the most expensive chair in the Fantasylab product line. Given its great features, it’s also one of their best.
To learn more about these and similar models, check out our Fantasylab gaming chair review.
Amazon price: Price not available
Ewin Champion Series
Direct buy price: $299
Ewin is a Chinese gaming chair company with five different product lines. The Champion Series is their top affordable model, just behind their luxury Hero and Flash models.
Champion Series chairs come in two styles. Our two favorite models come with flat, wide, spacious seats.
Six other models come with racing-style bladed edges. Those provide better posture support by forcing the legs closer together. On the downside, flat seats without bladed edges are a lot more comfortable.
Ewin Champion Series specifications
The Champion Series has all the high-end features imaginable. It also stacks on an impressive 5-year parts warranty.
- Functionality: 4D adjustable armrests; recline to 155°; tilt lock.
- Comfort: cold molded foam padding; neck and lumbar support cushions.
- Upholstery: Stain resistant PU faux leather
- Support: metal frame, heavy duty base, nylon wheels, support for 300 pounds.
- Warranty: 5-year warranty on parts; 10 years on the steel frame
These are beefy, solid chairs with extra-tall backrests. Average and tall users will find this quite spacious.
- Seat width & depth: 21.3″ (W) x 22″ (D)
- Backrest height & width: 36.6″ (H), 21″ (W)
- Floor to seat range: 15″ (H), 18.9″ (W)
- Chair height: 52.8 to , 56.7″ (W)
- Size rating: fits users 5’7″ to 6’2″; supports up to 330 pounds.
Ewin Champion Series advice
On paper, the Ewin Champion Series looks like a great bargain. As a fairly new company, it’s too early to know whether the 5-year warranty is legit. The other sub-$300 chairs come from established brands. Ewin is still establishing its reputation. That makes Champion Series tempting but a bit of a gamble.
Ergonomic office chairs under $300
As this review shows, there are only a handful of quality gaming chairs out there priced between $200-$300. In contrast, there is a growing number of ergonomic office chairs in this price range.
For all options, check our review of the best ergo office chairs under $300. Below are our top two picks:
Flexispot Soutien chair
Flexispot price: $269.99
For users between 5’3″ to 5’10”, the Soutien chair offers an almost perfect array of ergonomic features.
- Backrest: recline and lock with a 90° to 115° range; Italian chenille fiber upholstery.
- Lumbar support: three height adjustments; self-adjusting ‘rebound’ system maintains lumbar pressure as the user moves.
- Headrest: height-adjustable.
- Seat: padded fabric covering; depth-adjustable (16.1-29.1″ range).
- Armrests: 4D adjustable with cushioned top covers.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty from Flexispot.
The main downsides are the short warranty and a small seat height range (16.9-19.7″). The limited range makes this chair too small for those taller than 5’10”.
To learn more, check out our detailed Soutien ergonomic chair review.
Ticova ergonomic chair
Amazon price: $209.99
While the Soutien chair comes with 4D armrests, the Ticova chair only offers 1D (height-adjustable) armrests. However, it beats the Soutien’s lumbar support with a version that’s both height and depth-adjustable.
The Ticova is a bit larger than the Soutien chair, rated for sizes from 5’5″ to 6’0″.
- Backrest: recline and lock with a 90° to 140° range (3 lock positions only); nylon mesh back.
- Lumbar support: height adjustment range 1.5″; depth adjustment range 1.2″.
- Headrest: height-adjustable.
- Seat: padded fabric covering; no depth adjustment.
- Armrests: height-adjustable (2.8″ range).
- Warranty: 1-year.
For detailed sizing specs and analysis, check out this Ticova chair review.
There are only a handful of affordable gaming chairs under $300 that offer pro ergonomic features. The models on this list all stand out with 3D or 4D armrests and a multifunction tilt-lock.
If you sit full-time for a living, these chairs will give you pro features for bargain prices. Two recommended models come with 5-year warranties. The others come with lesser warranties that suggest less durability.
If you want pro features and don’t mind cutting corners to save money, these chairs are ideal. All models will help you to sit longer, feel better, and be more productive.