Once upon a time, this writer bought a gaming chair to address poor posture and a tight back. I was blown away by the results. Unfortunately, after 2.5 years of heavy daily use, my chair’s leather began to fray. That led me to upgrade to a DXRacer Drifting Series – it has been a glorious experience so far!
The DXRacer Drifting Series (also called the D-Series or Drift Series) is the second rated gaming chair on on list of best premium chairs in the world. Geared towards office workers who spend long hours sat in front of a computer workstation, it features a deeper seat and higher back, allowing optimal neck and back support for up to eight hours of working time.
DXracer Drifting Series Overview
Gaming chairs are based on racing seats, which are designed to grip the body during sharp twists and turns. If you want a chair that will promote good posture but also let you curl up in any position you want, the DXRacer Formula Series is the gaming chair is for you.
The $300+ Secretlab Titan comes with all the high-end extras: cold foam padding over a steel frame, 4D adjustable armrests and 5-start aluminum base.
- Functionality: 3D adjustable armrests (up, down, left, right); adjustable recline with tilt lock to any angle up to 135°; 360° swivel
- Comfort: extra resilient high density foam; a choice of PU leather, PVC leather, mesh fabric or combined fabric covers
- Support: steel frame, gas-powered lift, heavy-duty 5-point base, smooth rolling casters
- Warranty: lifetime warranty on frame; 2 years on parts
- High-end professional office chair design
- Luxurious padding designed for long sitting times
- Very snug fit - the chair's back wings lock you in with no wiggle room
- The luxury feature set is quite basic
In a nutshell
The DXRacer Drifting Series has a snug fit and extra padding, allowing for long hours of computer work while in perfect ergonomic alignment. Built to the highest quality standards in the industry, Drift Series gaming chairs come with a lifetime warranty on the frame and 24-month warranty on parts.
If you are a professional who spends long hours at a computer workstation, the D-Series will give you a massive upgrade that will blow your mind. Round out your posture, boost energy levels and reach peak performance at work.
DXracer Drifting Series Models
The Drifting Series comes in four options that use the same padding but different types and styles of covers. These cover types are:
- PU leather: PU stands for polyurethane, which is a plastic polymer made out of a petroleum base. Traditional PU leather is made from split leather - this is a thin layer of animal hide that is left over after producing genuine leather. In some cases, the split leather is replaced with synthetic fabric to produce 100% vegan leather. PU leather is supple, soft and waterproof. However, while real leather takes a decade to degrade, PU leather takes around 2-3 years.
- PVC leather: polyvinylchloride is also known as vinyl or faux leather. This is a flexible plastic that is produced using PVC resin and plasticizing additives that create a softly textured yet ultra durable finish. Similar to PU leather, PVC coats one side of a fabric backing and sometimes a center layer of foam. The end result is much more durable fabric that is easier to maintain over a longer period of time.
Drifting Series Buying Advice
Below we answer the most common questions people have prior to investing their premium budget into a DXRacer gaming chair.
DXracer Drifting and Formula Series Differences
The D-Series is a next-generation upgrade of the DXRacer Formula Series. Both share the exact same dimensions, with the D-Series boating superior upholstery and padding.
The D-Series is an upgrade over the F-Series, billed by DXracer as a "performance chair". Essentially, it's geared towards professionals, through some key differences.
- More snug seating experience: the wings of both the seat and backrest are quite narrow. This forces you into a more professional posture. Conversely, the F-Series has more wiggle room better suited to gamer casuals.
- Thicker, denser padding: the padding on the D-Series is noticeably thicker and also much more dense. In fact, some people might find the padding too hard for comfort as first (you get used to it).
- Improved upholstery: while F-Series blends mesh fabric and PU leather, Drifting Series chairs are all leather. Some models use PU leather, others PVC leather and others use both.
- Padded 3D armrests: F-Series armrests only go up and down; D-Series upgraded ones aldo go side-to side, with much nicer padding
What we like about the Drifting Series
While the DXracer Formula Series is an almost perfect chair in our opinion, the more expensive Drift Series is a worthwhile upgrade for office workers, but not gamers.
For gamers, the wider seat of the F-Series will allow for more casual leg positioning than the Drift, which will generally keep you snugly locked into a professional seated position.
To that end the Drift Series features more muted styling that is also better suited to offices or professional workstations. On the other hand the flashy colors of the F-Series would look just fine in a teenager's bedroom.
If you are looking for a high-end ergonomic work chair that will amaze your co-workers and give you amazing ergonomic benefits, the Drift Series is a near-perfect option.
What we don’t like
This is not a chair for slackers. In the Formula Series there’s enough room to curl up in weird positions if you ever need to get super-comfy. The DXRacer Drifting Series has no time for that. It is a business chair, for people producing tangible output. It’s got a snug fit that leaves little room for curling up your knees or temporariliy slouching. It’s kind of stiff and rigid and not very cooperative with sloppy habits.
If you are serious about boosting your work performance, the D-Series is a brilliant investment. If you’re a dabbler, it might feel too stiff and formal compared to a gamer-oriented chair.
Who is the the DXracer Drifting Series for?
The DXracer Drifting Series is the perfect chair for an average sized working professional who spends the bulk of their day sitting. Once you buy one and discover the benefits, you’ll never be able to work in a cheap office chair again.
The brilliance of DXracer chairs is how comfortable they are while gently placing your spine in proper alignment. It may feel uncomfortable at first, but once you get used to it, it’s bliss.
The barrier of entry is the price. That said, as an investment for better health, comfort and productivity, these chairs are paradigm-changing. Professionals who are serious about working at optimal performance will be blown away by how many positive benefits they get out of their gaming chair investment.
DXracer Drifting Series alternatives
If you are not entirely sold on the DXracer Drift Series, the most obvious alternative is the DXRacer Formula Series - basically a gamer variation of the D-Series.
If the F-Series doesn't tickle your fancy, check out similarly-priced options in our roundup of the best premium quality gaming chairs in the world. If you find these chairs too expensive, check out our review of the best budget chairs on the market.
The DXRacer Drifting Series is a luxurious chair with all great features you'd expect from a high-end product. If you are looking to boost wellness, increase productivity and make a loud bold statement, this is the perfect chair for your home office or corporate workplace.